|Origin||San Francisco (formed)
Los Angeles (resides)
|Years active||2003 - Present|
|Labels||StarTime International Records, Secretly Canadian (current)
Dim Mak Records (former)
|Associated acts||Rogue Wave, Jason Collett, Cold War Kids, Giant Drag, We Are Scientists, Steve Aoki|
|Members||Lewis Pesacov (Guitar)
Ariel Rechtshaid (Bass)
Matt Popieluch (Guitar & Vocals)
Garrett Ray (Drums)
Foreign Born is an American folk rock band. They began in San Francisco during the late summer months of 2003, but soon relocated to Los Angeles. They self-released their first 12" single ("We Had Pleasure" b/w "Escape"), and then their debut EP "In the Remote Woods" via StarTime International Records. While touring the US and UK with Rogue Wave, Jason Collett, Cold War Kids, Giant Drag and We Are Scientists, they recorded their first full-length album, On the Wing Now, in the fall/winter of 2005, self-released 500 or so copies that they sold on the previously mentioned tours, and officially released the album with Dim Mak on August 21, 2007. They were featured in Spin Magazine in October 2007. They released their latest album, Person to Person, on June 23, 2009, under the record label Secretly Canadian. As of August 2011, the band is on indefinite hiatus. 
- Brown, August (July 15, 2010). "Producer Lewis Pesacov helms L.A.'s sounds of summer". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved Sep 28, 2017.
- Powell, Mike (December 12, 2013). "The Band Leader". Grantland. Retrieved Sep 28, 2017.
- Weiss, Jeff (July 7, 2009). "Matt Popieluch on Foreign Born". LA Weekly. Retrieved Sep 28, 2017.
- Lind, Emma (July 27, 2007). "Artist of the Day: Foreign Born". Spin. Retrieved Sep 28, 2017.
- O’Keeffe, Niall (June 11, 2009). "Album review: Foreign Born - Person to Person". NME. Retrieved Sep 28, 2017.
- Bevan, David (July 23, 2009). "Foreign Born: Person to Person Album Review". Pitchfork Media. Retrieved Sep 28, 2017.
- "Foreign Born Rides Into The Sunset, Send Off with a New Song". Secretly Canadian. Aug 2, 2011. Retrieved Sep 28, 2017.