Fort Loudoun State Historic Park
|Fort Loudoun State Historic Park|
Fort Loudoun State Historic Area visitor center
|Type||Tennessee State Park|
|Area||1,200 acres (4.9 km2)|
Fort Loudoun State Historic Park is a state park in Monroe County in the U.S. state of Tennessee. It houses the reconstructed Fort Loudoun along with an interpretive center and recreation area. Park staff also maintain the nearby Tellico Blockhouse site.
Activities and amenities
Along with the reconstructed fort, the park has a visitors center and museum, and one picnic shelter/pavilion.
- Hiking: There are three hiking trails in the park.
- Fishing: Fishing is available in the park on Tellico Lake.
- Birding is a popular activity in the park.
- A museum is present near the main parking lot.
- A full-scale, reconstructed fort, with occasional reenactments is present behind the main museum building.
- A gift shop, complete with t-shirts, CDs, and children's toys, is located in the museum.
- A rental pavilion is available.
|This article related to a protected area in Tennessee is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Monroe County, Tennessee geography–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|