Four Rooms (TV series)
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (March 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Presented by||Anita Rani (2011–15)|
Sarah Beeny (2016–19)
|Narrated by||Caius Julian (2012)|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|No. of series||5|
|No. of episodes||96 (list of episodes)|
|Running time||60 minutes (inc. adverts)|
|Production company(s)||Talkback Thames (2011)|
|Original network||Channel 4/More4|
|Original release||24 May 2011 –|
23 November 2019
Four Rooms is a British factual television show that aired on Channel 4/More4 from 24 May 2011 to 23 November 2019 and was originally hosted by Anita Rani from 2011 to 2015 and then Sarah Beeny from 2016 to 2019.
Each episode sees members of the public attempt to sell their valuable and collectible items in exchange for a cash offer from one of the four dealers.
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||8||24 May 2011||12 July 2011|
|2||8||21 March 2012||20 May 2012|
|3||30||29 April 2013||20 September 2013|
|4||30||18 May 2014||28 November 2015|
|5||20||22 August 2016||23 November 2019|
- Currently stars
- Previously starred
Three short-lived versions of Four Rooms were licensed internationally, none lasting more than one season:
- In the United States, six episodes titled Final Offer -- subsequently retitled Four Rooms US when shown in the UK in 2013 -- aired from May 2012 to July 2012.
- A Canadian version ran on CBC-TV for eight episodes from January 2014 to March 2014.
- The German version called "Wer bietet mehr?" hosted by Kai Pflaume ran on public-legal channel Norddeutscher Rundfunk for only three episodes in 2016.
- The German version Die Superhändler, started on 27 August 2018, on RTL Television and is hosted by Rag-and-bone man Sükrü Pehlivan.
- The Dutch version "Van Onschatbare Waarde", started on 2 March 2017 on NPO 1 Omroep Max and was hosted by Dionne Stax. Three seasons so far as per June 2019.
- "Channel Four orders more Four Rooms". ATV Today. 15 September 2011. Retrieved 15 September 2011.
- "'Four Rooms' set to return with new series in 2013". Antique Collecting Magazine. 5 November 2012. Retrieved 5 November 2012.
- "Channel 4 Commissions 30 New Episodes Of FOUR ROOMS". FremantleMedia. 21 November 2013. Retrieved 21 November 2013.
- "C4 recommissions Four Rooms with a new presenter, Sarah Beeny". Channel 4. 19 April 2016. Retrieved 19 April 2016.
- "Four Rooms US Episode List". IMDB. Retrieved 12 March 2018.
- Genzlinger, Neil (30 May 2012), "Adding Some Guesswork to Memorabilia Sales, Just for Televised Fun: 'Final Offer' on Discovery Looks at Memorabilia Sales", The New York Times
- "Four Rooms". cbc.ca. Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Retrieved 6 April 2014.
- RTL holt britische Trödelshow (erneut) nach Deutschland - DWDL.de