|Full name||Frédéric Gaillard|
|Date of birth||20 January 1989|
|Place of birth||La Bassée, France|
|Height||1.87 m (6 ft 1 1⁄2 in)|
|Playing position||Centre back|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
Gaillard began his career with Lens in 1996 joining the club's youth academy. Despite being awarded the Éric Sikora Trophy as Lens's best youth player of the 2007–08 season, there were rumors of player unrest. He was quickly linked with a move to English giants Liverpool, but Frédéric quickly denounce the rumor declaring that it was his dream to play at the Stade Félix Bollaert, Lens's home pitch. He finally made his professional debut during the 2008–09 season coming on as a substitute in a league match against Angers in the 81st minute. The match ended in a 2–2 draw with both goals being scored while Frédéric was on the field. Due to injuries to centre backs Eric Chelle, Romain Sartre, and Alaeddine Yahia, he made his first career start the following week playing the full 90 minutes in a 0–1 loss to AC Ajaccio. A rarity for a youth player, Frédéric took full responsibility for the loss as it was his gaffe that resulted in Ajaccio's goal.
- (in French) Frédéric Gaillard restera-t-il à Lens ?. Lensois.com. Retrieved on 14 September 2011.
- (in French) Angers v. Lens Match Report Archived 2 May 2009 at the Wayback Machine. Lfp.fr. Retrieved on 14 September 2011.
- (in French) Les débuts d'un sacré Gaillard. Lavoixdessports.com (16 March 2009). Retrieved on 14 September 2011.
- (in French) Châteauroux essaye Gaillard
- (in French) Un axe défensif à l'état d'esprit guerrier. Nord-Littoral.fr (16 August 2009). Retrieved on 14 September 2011.