Francis West (colonel)
Colonel Francis West (1711 – June 28, 1796) is most notable because he was the Sheriff of King William County in the Colony and Dominion of Virginia and he represented the same county in the House of Burgesses.
Francis was born in King William County, the son of Captain Thomas West and Agnes (?). He was Sheriff there in 1741 and member of the House of Burgesses from 1748–1758. He served in the Colonial Defense forces during the French and Indian War.
he was married to Jane Cole (b. 1719–1790).
Francis West Did not married Jane Cole until after the death of her second husband Stephen Bingham in 1759
the Children are from Francis West and his first wife Susannah Littlepage
Susannah was born January 22, 1717 married Francis West in 1733
- William West (b. 1735), married Letitia Martin.
- Robert West
- Joseph West
- John West
- Lewis West
- Peter West
- Agnes West (1740–1800), married William Dandridge.
- Richard West
- Roger West
- Thomas West
- Susannah West (1743–1780), married 1. West Gregory; 2. Holt Richardson.
- Ignatius West (died 1793 in Spotsylvania County), married; had issue.
- Gregory West
He died in Fairfax County, Virginia.
- A Few Acres of Snow: The Saga of the French and Indian Wars by Robert Leckie; Wiley & Son.
- "Delaware Town" and "West Point" in King William County, Va. Malcolm H. Harris.
- Southside Virginia Families, Vol . I, Boddie.
- Adventures of Purse and Person. Virginia, 1607–1625.