This article is an autobiography or has been extensively edited by the subject or by someone connected to the subject. (March 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Alma mater||Ecole des Hautes Etudes Commerciales|
|Known for||Founder of Maison Takuya|
Francois Russo (born 1966) is the creative director and founder of Maison Takuya, a company which he founded in 2008, and which designs luxury leather goods. He was raised in Paris and currently (in 2013) lives in Bangkok and Chiang Mai, Thailand.
Education and career
Francois Russo graduated from Ecole des Hautes Etudes Commerciales (HEC Paris) in 1989 and began his career at Cartier, where he helped establish Cartier's Institut Supérieur de Marketing du Luxe (ISML). Russo then moved to the marketing division of L'Oréal, and then to The French Mint where he was appointed International Director in 1991. In 1995, he joined Havas Advertising. In 2001 he founded an image agency where he engaged in art direction, professional photography and interior design.
In 1999, he became an advisor to the Swiss private bank Lombard Odier & Cie.
In 2003, Russo joined French designer Andrée Putman, as co-chairman of her agency. Their first project together was the design of the first store for the perfume brand Guerlain (LVMH Group) on the Champs-Elysées in Paris. Other design projects included hotels (The Putman in Hong Kong, Spa of Hotel Bayerischer Hof in Munich), boutiques and corners (Helena Rubinstein worldwide and Anne Fontaine in Tokyo, Paris and New York), private residences, company headquarters (Novartis in Basel), furnishing (Cappellini, Poltrona Frau, Pleyel, Reflex, Emeco), one-off items and collections (Christofle, Mont-Blanc, Chivas, Louis Vuitton) and design consulting (Novartis Campus Basel, Chanel).
Russo was awarded an honorary degree in 1999 by the Institut Supérieur du Marketing de Luxe.
- Stratégies de luxe (HEC Publishing).
- Andrée Putman (Pyramid Publishing) co-author with former French Ministry of Culture Jack Lang.
- Foreword of Andrée Putman by Stephane Gerschel (Assouline Publishing).
- "Maison de Luxe". POSTISM. 10/01/2013. Retrieved 3 May 2013. Check date values in:
- "For luxury goods maker, Thailand has it all stitched up". Bangkok Post, 18 November 2012.
- "François Russo". LUXURY CULTURE. 2009-09-24. Retrieved 3 May 2013.
- "Pioneer Par Excellence". Prestige Thailand. 71: 60–65. July 2011.
- GERSCHE, STEPHANE (2005). Putman Style. Assouline.
- "François Russo". POLTRONA FRAU. Retrieved 3 May 2013.
- "Opposites Attract". Thailand Tatler: 219. December 2008.
- 'Contemporary' in the balance - Page 2 - Chicago Tribune
- "Leather Love". The Edge Malaysia. 07/05/2013. Retrieved 9 May 2013. Check date values in:
- Symphony invests in boutique luxury brand Maison Takuya | Private Equity Wire
- InstItut supérIeur de MarketIng du Luxe - EDC Paris
- "Strength of Character". The Architects Newspaper. 5 July 2008.
- "Back To Basic". Los Angeles Times. 24 April 2008.
- "CARRY IT OFF". Jakarta Globe, 1 April 2013.