Frank-Jürgen Richter at the "Horasis China Meeting", Interlaken, Switzerland.
|Alma mater||Karlsruhe Institute of Technology|
|Occupation||Chairman of Horasis|
|Known for||Globalization and global dialogue, Emerging Markets, Business meetings|
Frank-Jürgen Richter (born 1967) is a German entrepreneur and chair of Horasis. He has served in that role since he founded the organization.
Education and professional life
After graduating with a degree in industrial engineering from the University of Karlsruhe (now part of the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology) and academic stays in France and Mexico, Richter pursued his PhD-studies at the University of Tsukuba and obtained his doctoral degree from the University of Stuttgart.
From 1996 until 2000, he lived and worked in Asia where he developed and managed a European Multinationals' Asian operations, and then became a Director of the World Economic Forum from 2001 to 2004. Following the incorporation of Horasis in 2005 he has been a frequent international traveler, researcher and commentator as well as leading the annual Business Meetings.
In 2005, Richter founded Horasis, an independent think tank for global business topics. Richter works with businesspeople, politicians and intellectuals. He advises governments and private sector organizations on issues such as globalization, trade, and sustainable development.
Commentary and publications
Richter is a frequent public speaker. He has authored and edited 37 books and numerous articles on global strategy and Asian business, covering topics such as the Asian business environment and how Asian firms bounced back from the 1998 Asian crisis. His writings have appeared in the financial and regional press such as The New York Times.
He has addressed audiences at the Brookings Institution, Harvard University, Beijing University, National Research University Higher School of Economics, Moscow, Royal Institute of International Affairs, and at several corporate events. He has been interviewed by several publications, and appeared on CNN, BBC, CNBC, CCTV (China Central Television) as well as The Voice of America (VOA).
- The Dynamics of Japanese Organizations, Routledge, 1996, ISBN 041513191-X
- The East Asian Development Model: Economic Growth, Institutional Failure and the Aftermath of the Crisis, Palgrave Macmillan, 2000, ISBN 0333920635
- Redesigning Asian Business: In the Aftermath of Crisis, Quorum Books, 2001, ISBN 9781567205251
- Recreating Asia: Visions for a New Century (with Pamela C. M. Mar), John Wiley & Sons, 2002, ISBN 0470820853
- India Rising: Emergence of a New World Power (with Colette Mathur), Marshall Cavendish Business, 2005, ISBN 9812611967
- Global Future: The Next Challenge for Asian Business (with ArnoudDeMeyer, Peter Williamson, Pamela C. M. Mar), John Wiley & Sons, 2005, ISBN 0470821302
- Six Billion Minds: Managing Outsourcing in the Global Knowledge Economy (with Mark Minevich), Aspatore Books, 2006, ISBN 1596224274
- "The World Trade Review". The World Trade Review. 15 November 2003. Retrieved 2014-08-14.
- Horasis.org (18 November 2009). "News :: The Continued Rise of the Rest". Horasis.org. Retrieved 2014-08-14.
- 17. November 2009. "Konjunktur: Platzt in China die nächsteBlase? – Ausland – Politik – Wirtschaftswoche" (in German). Wiwo.de. Retrieved 2014-08-14.
- Global Asia TV. "ArkadyDvorkovich with Frank-Jurgen Richter, Chairman, Horasis". YouTube. Retrieved 2014-08-14.
- "The Minister of Foreign Affairs, Mr. Edmond Haxhinasto Received the President of " Horasis"". Keminet.net. Retrieved 2014-08-14.
- "Small is also beautiful". Khaleejtimes.com. 29 October 2011. Retrieved 2014-08-14.
- Horasis.org (22 September 2007). "News :: China-Europe Connector". Horasis.org. Retrieved 2014-08-14.
- Horasis.org (23 November 2009). "News :: Trade Protectionism". Horasis.org. Retrieved 2014-08-14.
- "Mutual funds step up selling". Indiainfoline.com. Retrieved 2014-08-14.
- "Six Billion Minds: Managing Outsourcing in the Global Knowledge Economy: Mark Minevich, Dr. Frank-Jürgen Richter, Faisal Hoque: 9781596224278: Amazon.com: Books". Amazon.com. 30 April 2006. Retrieved 2014-08-14.
- "Global Future: The Next Challenge for Asian Business: ArnoudDeMeyer, Peter Williamson, Frank-Jürgen Richter, Pamela C. M. Mar: 9780470821305: Amazon.com: Books". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2014-08-14.
- "India Rising: Emergence of a New World Power: Colette Mathur, Frank-Jürgen Richter, Tarun Das: 9789812611963: Amazon.com: Books". Amazon.com. 30 November 2005. Retrieved 2014-08-14.
- "China: Enabling a New Era of Changes: Pamela C. M. Mar, Frank-Jürgen Richter: 9780470820865: Amazon.com: Books". Amazon.com. 15 April 2003. Retrieved 2014-08-14.
- Frank Richter (Author) (30 September 2000). "The Asian Economic Catharsis: How Asian Firms Bounce Back from Crisis: Frank Richter: 9781567203776: Amazon.com: Books". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2014-08-14.
- "Frank-Jürgen Richter". Urban Forum. 29 October 2011. Retrieved 2014-08-14.
- "Indian companies to benefit from EU crisis: Expert". Moneycontrol.com. Retrieved 2014-08-14.
- Global Asia TV. "Frank-Jürgen Richter, presidente de Horasis". YouTube. Retrieved 2014-08-14.
- "Interview with Dr. Frank Jurgen Richter, President of Horasis". English.cri.cn. Retrieved 2014-08-14.
- "Priyadarshni Academy global awards round the corner!". Free Press Journal. Retrieved 7 November 2017.
- "India's Frank Friend". The Times of India. Retrieved 7 November 2017.
- "Venki Ramakrishnan, Katrina Kaif among those awarded by Priyadarshani Academy". Free Press Journal. Retrieved 7 November 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Frank-Jürgen Richter.|
- Personal biography on the Horasis site
- "Horasis Chairman on Global Meeting, China, Trade". Bloomberg Markets. Retrieved 30 May 2018.
- "Horasis Chairman Frank-Jürgen Richter talks to BBC". BBC World Service. Retrieved 30 May 2018.
- Frank-Jürgen Richter, Chairman, Horasis, receiving the Harish Mahindra Memorial Global Award