|Full name||Frank Macky|
|Date of birth||19 December 1891|
|Place of birth||Auckland, New Zealand|
|Date of death||29 December 1975(aged 84)|
|Place of death||Auckland, New Zealand|
1 Playing statistics correct to the end of 1911.
|Sources: AFL Tables, AustralianFootball.com|
Both his parents were drowned on 7 May 1915 when the British ocean liner RMS Lusitania was sunk by the German U-Boat SM U-20. Although offered a seat on a lifeboat, Mary Macky gave her seat to a younger woman, choosing to remain with her husband.
Educated at New College, Box Hill, he studied medicine at the University of Melbourne (whilst a resident at Ormond College), and graduated Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery in April 1914.
For a number of years he was the president of the Auckland Branch of the British Medical Association.
- Sympathy of Community: Late Mr. and Mrs. Macky, The New Zealand Herald, (Wednesday, 19 May 1915), p.4.
- Lusitania Story: How an Auckland Couple Died, The Ashburton Guardian, (Tuesday, 24 August 1915), p.3.
- Mr. Joseph Cochrane Macky, The Lusitania Resource.
- Mrs. Joseph Cochrane Macky (Mary Birrell), The Lusitania Resource.
- Orange Blossoms: Macky—Taylor, The Waikato Independent, (Saturday, 4 March 1916), p.5.
- University Commencement, The Leader, (Saturday, 11 April 1914), p.38.
- Roll of Service Overseas 1914–1918: Roll of the Returned: Macky, Frank 1909, The University of Melbourne Record of Active Service of Teachers, Graduates, Undergraduates, Officers and Servants in the European War, 1914–1918, University of Melbourne, (Melbourne), 1926, p.191.
- Service Record,
- Public Notices, The Auckland Star, (Friday, 8 May 1914), p.1.
- World War One Embarkation Roll: Captain Frank Macky, Collection of the Australian War Memorial.
- World War One Nominal Roll: Major Frank Macky, Collection of the Australian War Memorial.
- World War One Service Record: Major Frank Macky, National Archives of Australia.