This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Frans Bak (born 7 February 1958) is a Danish composer, choral conductor, saxophonist, and pianist. He is a graduate of the Royal Danish Academy of Music, and is known for his work as a jazz performer and composer of film music. In 1994, he founded a composer's association Den 3. Vej.
He is best known for his work as a film composer creating the score for the Danish television series Forbrydelsen as well as the American remake, The Killing, on AMC. His latest projects include Lilyhammer on NRK1/Netflix, starring Steven Van Zandt and the British adaption of the Ruth Rendell novel Thirteen Steps Down.
The music for the original Danish version of The Killing is being released on CD from Mercury Classics.
Select CD releases
- Frans Bak & Jazzgruppe90 m/Bob Berg & Randy Brecker: "Hymn To The Rainbow"
- Frans Bak & Det Glatte Lag: " Den Poppede Høne"
- Frans Bak - Natsange - sunget af Josefine Cronholm
- Silvana Malta & Frans Bak: Bossa Nuts
- The Killing (Forbrydelsen) original music composed by Frans Bak
Select film scores
- Huller i suppen (1988)
- Lad isbjørnene danse (1990)
- Casanova (1990)
- Karlsvognen (1992)
- Sidste time (1995)
- Operation Cobra (1995)
- Davids bog (1996)
- Albert (1998)
- Hatten i skyggen (2002)
- Forbrydelsen (2007)
- Forbrydelsen II (2009)
- Den som dræber (2011)
- The Killing (2011)
- Lilyhammer (2011)
- Min søsters børn alene hjemme (2012)
- The Killing season 2 (2012)
- Thirteen Steps Down (2012)
|This article about a Danish composer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|