8 March 1930|
Gertsch was born 1930 in Mörigen, Switzerland. Between 1947 and 1952 he studied with Max von Mühlenen and Hans Schwarzenbach in Bern. In 1972, he took part in the documenta 5 in Kassel with his painting "Medici". He is known for his realistic paintings and woodcuts.
- 2010 "10,000 Lives": Eighth Gwangju Biennale
- 2006 "Franz Gertsch: Holzschnitte" Albertina, Vienna
- 2003 "Franz Gertsch", Museum Folkwang, Essen
- "Franz Gertsch on art-report". Art-report.com. Retrieved 2010-08-24.
- Franz Gertsch Museum
- Franz Gertsch in German, French and Italian in the online Historical Dictionary of Switzerland.
- Museo Cantonale d'Arte, Lugano: Franz Gertsch
|This article about a Swiss painter is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|