|Member of the Illinois House of Representatives
from the 44th district
|Preceded by||Terry R. Parke|
|Residence||Hoffman Estates, Illinois|
|Alma mater||Loyola University|
|Profession||licensed real estate agent|
Fred Crespo is a Democratic member of the Illinois House of Representatives, representing the 44th district since 2007. This district lies entirely within Cook County and includes all of Streamwood, approximately half of Hoffman Estates and Hanover Park, and portions of Schaumburg, Elgin, and Bartlett.
Early life, education and career
Crespo attended Loyola University, Chicago. Prior to serving in the Illinois House or Representatives, he served as a village trustee on the Hoffman Estates Village Board. Crespo changed parties from Republican to Democrat.
Illinois General Assembly
Crespo has been a member of the following Legislative Committees:
- Appropriations for General Services, Chair
- Education Policy, Chair
- Elementary and Secondary Education, Vice Chair
- Mass Transit, Member
- Public Utilities, Member
- Small Business Empowerment and Workforce Development, Member
- Subcommittee on Mandates, Member
- Tourism and Conventions, Member
Crespo provided assistance for the construction of the much-needed Alexian Brothers Women’s and Children’s Hospital in the Northwest Suburbs of Chicago.
Crespo worked with the Village of Hoffman Estates to secure funding for a full interchange at Interstate 90 and Barrington Road which, when completed in 2016, will improve both economic opportunities for the area as well as life-safety conditions for the region.
Crespo worked collaboratively with the Village of Hanover Park, Harper Community College and Elgin Community College to open the Work and Education Center in Hanover Park in 2014.
Awards and Recognition
Crespo was recognized with the Illinois Office of Tourism Lincoln Award for his commitment to economic development in the State of Illinois.
Crespo has been recognized for his ongoing commitment and contributions to mental health concerns with the Legislator of the Year Award from the Illinois Psychological Association, the Illinois Hero Award from the National Association of Mental Illness (NAMI) and the Legislator of the Year Award from the National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders (ANAD). Women In Need Growing Stronger (WINGS) recognized Crespo for his efforts to end domestic violence, including his strong support for Civil Order of Protection laws in the State.
Crespo and his wife Dorothy have two children.
- "Representative Fred Crespo's Biography". Vote Smart. Retrieved 14 September 2012.
- Crespo, Fred (October 22, 2015). "Press Release: Crespo Education Committee Appointment" (PDF). State Representative Fred Crespo. Retrieved 2015-12-30.
- Crespo, Fred. "State Rep Crespo Biography".
- Representative Fred Crespo (D) 44th District at the Illinois General Assembly
- Profile at Project Vote Smart
- Representative Fred Crespo constituency site
- Rep. Fred Crespo at Illinois House Democrats
|This article about an Illinois politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|