Freddy Flores Knistoff
|Education||Federico Santa María Technical University|
|Known for||Painting, poetry|
|Movement||CoBrA, FLUXUS, PHASES|
Flores Knistoff is still active in both painting and producing artist's books. He also composes experimental poetry and since 1993 has published with Hybriden-Verlag of Berlin directed by Hartmut Andryczuk. He is strongly connected to the international movement FLUXUS.
He founded the Collective Automatic Painting of Amsterdam in 1991 and through this movement influenced other artists in the use of automatic painting. Flores Knistoff is also an active member of the Phases movement that coalesced around Édouard Jaguer and involved Roberto Matta.
He has exhibited alongside the following artists:
- 1993: Cobra exhibition Museum Amstelle, Amstelveen, Amsterdam, the Netherlands
- Catalogue Cobra 1948-1951 collection J Karel van Stuijvenberg: Karel Appel, Asger Jorn, Jean Michel Atlan, Constant Nieuwenhuis, Jacques Doucet, Lucebert, Carl-Henning Pedersen, Karl Otto Götz
- 1993: Latino América y el Surrealismo, Bochum Museum, Germany
- with Rufino Tamayo, Wifredo Lam, Wolfgang Paalen, André Masson, Eugenio Granell, Roberto Matta, Hervé Télémaque
- 1994: Museum of Modern Art, Zielona Góra, Poland
- with Karl Otto Götz, Eugenio Granell, Edouard Jaguer, Conroy Maddox, Jacques Lacomblez, Yo Yoshitome
- 1994: Phases, Brittany, France
- 1997: Phases, São Paulo, Brazil
- with Jef Golyscheff, Flavio Ciro, Victor Chab, Yo Yoshitome, New CoBra Amsterdam
- 1998: Hans und Lote Lesen, Hannover Germany
- with Hartmut Andryczuk, Gerhild Ebel, Jurgen O. Olbrich, Emmet Willians, Pierre Garnier, Ann Noel
- 1999: KVP II Parasiten, Hannover, Germany
- with Hartmut Andryczuk, Dietmar Becker, Gerhild Ebel, Pierre Garnier, Emmet Willians, Ottfried Zielke, Wolf Rosenthal
- 2000: Phases, Arras, France
- with Pierre Alechinsky, Enrico Baj, Raoul Hausmann, Paul Jenkins, Konrad Klapheck, Carl-Henning Pedersen, Carl Buchheister
- 2005: Phases, Santiago, Chile
- with Roberto Matta, Wifredo Lam, Édouard Jaguer, Enrico Baj, Pierre Alechinsky, Sergio d'Angelo, Victor Brauner
- Künstler-Autoren, Hybriden-Verlag (in German)
- Fluxlist Europe: 8/17/08 – 8/24/08 (pdf)
- Surrealism in 2012: Surrealists and Friends Archived 12 October 2013 at the Wayback Machine, January 6 – February 19, 2012, GoogleWorks Center for the Arts, Reading, Pennsylvania: images; catalogue Archived 10 December 2013 at the Wayback Machine.
- Graham Birtwistle 1993, cited at jangiliam.nl.
- "Lo mejor de Capa", Surrealismo internacional blog, 20 May 2014 (in Spanish)
- "The Best of CAPA: Collective Automatic Painting Amsterdam 1991 – 2012" (Google docs pdf)
- "Artistas Latinoamericanos en Homenaje a Matta", Crónica Chillán, 17 March 2011 (in Spanish)
- Enrique de Santiago, "La Mirada Inversa", Escáner Cultural, 5 January 2008 (in Spanish)