Friederike Charlotte of Hesse-Darmstadt
She was a daughter of Ernest Louis, Landgrave of Hesse-Darmstadt (1667–1739) and his wife Dorothea Charlotte (1661–1705), daughter of Albrecht II, Margrave of Brandenburg-Ansbach. On 6 October 1720 she became engaged to Maximilian of Hesse-Kassel (1689–1753), marrying him on 28 November 1720 in Darmstadt.
Marriage and issue
They had eight children:
- Karl (30 September 1721 in Kassel - 23 November 1722 in Kassel)
- Ulrike Friederike Wilhelmine (31 October 1722 in Kassel - 28 February 1787 in Eutin) ∞ 1752 Frederick August I, Duke of Oldenburg
- Christine Charlotte (11 February 1725 in Kassel - 4 June 1782 in Kassel), from 17 April 1765 canoness of Herford Abbey, from 12 July 1766 coadjutor abbess of Herford
- Maria (25 February 1726 in Kassel - 14 March 1727 in Kassel)
- Wilhelmina (1726–1808) ∞ 1752 Prince Henry of Prussia
- A still-born child (born and died October 1729 in Kassel)
- Elisabetha Sophia Louisa (10 November 1730 in Kassel - 4 February 1731 in Kassel)
- Caroline Wilhelmina Sophia (10 May 1732 in Kassel - 22 May 1759 in Zerbst) ∞ 1753 Frederick Augustus, Prince of Anhalt-Zerbst
- Genealogie ascendante jusqu'au quatrieme degre inclusivement de tous les Rois et Princes de maisons souveraines de l'Europe actuellement vivans [Genealogy up to the fourth degree inclusive of all the Kings and Princes of sovereign houses of Europe currently living] (in French). Bourdeaux: Frederic Guillaume Birnstiel. 1768. p. 67.