This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Owner(s)||David Horowitz Freedom Center|
|Managing editors||Jamie Glazov|
|Headquarters||Sherman Oaks, California|
|Circulation||500,000 readers per month (2006)|
FrontPage Magazine (also known as FrontPageMag.com) is an online conservative political website, edited by David Horowitz and published by the David Horowitz Freedom Center (DHFC; formerly, the Center for the Study of Popular Culture), a non-profit organization in Los Angeles, California. In June 2015 it had an Alexa ranking of 8,897.
FPM Man of the Year
On January 1, 2007, FrontPage Magazine named Ignacio Ramos and Jose Compean its 2006 "People Of The Year 2006". The two United States Border Patrol agents shot drug smuggler Osvaldo Aldrete-Davila in the buttocks near the US–Mexico border and were convicted of "eleven of the twelve counts alleged in the indictment, including assault with a dangerous weapon, assault with serious bodily injury, discharge of a firearm during the commission of a crime of violence and wilfully violating Aldrete-Davila's Constitutional, Fourth Amendment right to be free from illegal seizure, as well as obstructing justice by intentionally defacing the crime scene, lying about the incident, and failing to report the truth." They had been sentenced to 11 years and 1 day and 12 years imprisonment, respectively, and were subsequently incarcerated. FrontPage Magazine considered them guilty only of "bureaucratic infractions"; "these men have lost their money, their reputations, and (perhaps soon) their freedom trying to protect our nation. For that, they deserve our thanks."
FPM's 2003 "Man of the Year" was Lieutenant Colonel Allen B. West, former commander of the 2nd Battalion, 20th Field Artillery Regiment, 4th Infantry Division, who had been punished with a $5,000 fine and allowed to retire in grade as a lieutenant colonel after being charged with mistreatment of an Iraqi prisoner. The magazine said that West "did what was necessary to keep the troops committed to his charge from becoming the latest headline detailing the Fedayeen's postwar sabotage".
Notable editors, columnists, and contributors
- "Frontpagemag.com Site Info". Alexa. Retrieved 2015-03-10.
- "Frontpage’s Man of the Year: The Wounded Warrior | FrontPage Magazine". Frontpagemag.com. 2011-12-29. Retrieved 2014-03-10.
- "FrontPage’s Person of the Year: The Tea Party | FrontPage Magazine". Frontpagemag.com. 2010-12-31. Retrieved 2014-03-10.
- David Forsmark (2010-01-04). "Frontpage’s Man of the Year: Glenn Beck – by David Forsmark | FrontPage Magazine". Frontpagemag.com. Retrieved 2014-03-10.
- "People of the Year: Ignacio Ramos and Jose Compean". FrontPage Magazine. 2007-01-01. Retrieved 2007-02-06.
- Statement by US Attorney Johnny Sutton; KVIA ABC News; August 11, 2006
- "Family seeks support for border agent; Ignacio Ramos serving 11-year sentence after wounding smuggler". North County Times. 2007-08-01. Retrieved 2007-09-18.
- Johnson, Ben (2004-12-31). "Man of the Year: John O'Neill". FrontPage Magazine. Retrieved 2011-12-26.
- Johnson, Ben (2004-01-02). "FrontPage Magazine's Man of the Year: Lt. Col. Allen B. West". FrontPage Magazine. Retrieved 2007-09-18.
- FrontPageMag Columnist – Dr. Walid Phares Archived June 27, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- "FrontPage Magazine - Stephen Schwartz". Archive.frontpagemag.com. Retrieved 2014-03-10.