|Traded as||NYSE: FTO|
|Industry||Oil & Gas Refining & Marketing|
|Founded||1949 (as Wainoco Oil)|
|Mike Jennings, CEO & Chairman|
Number of employees
Frontier Oil, begun in 1949 as Wainoco Oil, was a U.S. energy company. Its headquarters were located in Houston, TX, and its subsidiary company, Frontier Refining & Marketing, Inc., is located in Denver, CO. Frontier's primary products were gasoline, diesel, and asphalt, and were marketed in the Rocky Mountain and Plains States.
Frontier Oil owned refineries in Cheyenne, WY and El Dorado, KS. The Cheyenne Refinery has a capacity of 52,000 barrels per day (8,300 m3/d) (bpd) and the El Dorado Refinery has a capacity of 110,000 bbl/d (17,000 m3/d).
On November 7, 2007, Frontier announced that the third quarter of 2007 had been the most profitable in the company's history. They reported a total income of US $137,200,000 for the quarter, and $432,700,000 for the year to that point.
- "Contact." Frontier Oil. Retrieved on December 8, 2009.
- General Information - Frontier El Dorado Refining Company
- El Dorado Kansas - Frontier Refining, Inc. - Frontier Oil Corporation, Staff, Offices
- Press Release - Frontier Oil Corporation
- SEC EDGAR Filing defm14a Frontier Proxy Statement - May 23, 2011
- Forbes. "Holly-Frontier Refining Merger: It Sure Took Long Enough." February 22, 2011. Accessed July 1, 2011. 
- Official Press Release. "HollyFrontier Corporation completes merger" July 1, 2011 
|This article about a natural gas or petroleum-related company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|