A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (June 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Original author(s)||Teclib (since 2015) INDEPNET (2003-2015)|
Current Developers: Teclib' & Contributors|
Original Developers: Jean-Mathieu Doléans, Julien Dombre & Bazile Lebeau
9.3.0 / 28 June 2018
|Type||IT asset management, Issue tracking system, Project Management & Service desk|
|License||Free software GPL v2|
GLPI (acronym: French: Gestionnaire Libre de Parc Informatique) is a free IT Asset Management, issue tracking system and service desk system. This open source software is written in PHP and distributed under GPL license.
As an open source technology, anyone can run, modify or develop the code. This way, contributors can participate in the development of the software by committing free and open source supplementary modules on GitHub.
GLPI is a web-based application helping companies to manage their information system. The solution is able to build an inventory of all the organization's assets and to manage administrative and financial tasks. The systems's functionalities help IT Administrators to create a database of technical resources, as well as a management and history of maintenances actions. Users can declare incidents or requests (based on asset or not) thanks to the Helpdesk feature.
The GLPI Community based-project started in 2003 and was directed by the INDEPNET association. Through the years, GLPI became wildly used by both communities and companies, leading to a need of professional services around the system. Whereas the INDEPNET Association did not intend to offer services around the software, in 2008 the Association created a Partners' Network in order to achieve various objectives:
The first objective was to build an ecosystem where Partners could participate in GLPI Project. Secondly, Partners would financially support the association, in order to ensure the necessary software development. And finally, the ecosystem would guarantee a service delivery through a known and identified Network, directly connected to INDEPNET.
In 2009, Teclib’ started to integrate the software, developed the GLPI code and implemented new features. During summer 2015, the GLPI's Community leaders decided to transfer the roadmap management and the development leadership to Teclib’, so that Teclib´becomes editor of the GLPI system ensuring the software R&D.
The code remains under a GPL license and keeps its open source nature. The GLPI system continues to be improved thanks to the co-partnership between the community and the editor.
GLPI Project is an open source and collaborative community of developers and IT experts gathered to develop the GLPI software. This collaboration is achieved by different means: installation and use of GLPI, GLPI tests, upgrades submissions, documentation participations, translations, features request.
Since 2003, GLPI developed and has been evolving under more than 80 versions. Here goes the timeline of major releases:
|June 28th, 2018||Latest Version: GLPI 9.3|
|September 25th, 2017||GLPI 9.2|
|September 23rd, 2016||GLPI 9.1|
|October 9, 2015||GLPI 0.90|
|November 12, 2014||GLPI 0.85|
|August 9, 2013||GLPI 0.84|
|April 4, 2012||GLPI 0.83|
|May 26, 2011||GLPI 0.80|
|October 12, 2010||GLPI 0.78|
|July 15, 2009||GLPI 0.72|
|July 11, 2008||GLPI 0.71|
|December 21, 2007||GLPI 0.70|
|July 28, 2006||GLPI 0.68|
|March 29, 2006||GLPI 0.65|
|September 20, 2005||GLPI 0.6|
|April 29, 2005||GLPI 0.5|
|November 17, 2003||GLPI 0.2 – 1st Version|
As an ITSM software, the main features of GLPI are the following:
- Multi-entity management
- Multilingual management and support (45 languages available)
- Multi user support and Multiple Authentication System
- Administrative and Financial management
- Inventory functionalities
- Incident and request management tracking and monitoring features
- Problem and change management
- Licenses management (ITIL compliant) 
- Assignment of equipment: location, users and groups
- Simplified interface to allow end users to file a support ticket
- Asset and helpdesk reports: hardware, network or interventions (support)
|Inventory||Inventory of computers, peripherals network printers and associated components through an interface with OCS Inventory or FusionInventory |
|Business management, contracts, documents related to inventory items|
|ITIL Compliant ServiceDesk||Management of issues on many environments through creation of tickets, management of tickets, assignment, tickets scheduling, etc.|
|Problem, project and changes management|
|End Users||Intervention history|
|Mail tracking of intervention demands |
|Technicians||Intervention demands management|
|Statistics||Reports in various formats (PNG, SVG, CSV)|
|Categories statistics (by technician, hardware, user, category, priority, location …)|
|Management||Equipment status management and booking|
|Contracts and Documents management|
|Basic system of knowledge database management|
|Management of applications for assistance of all types of equipment inventory|
|Management of business and financial information (purchase, guarantee and extension, damping)|
|User interface (calendar)|
|Knowledge Database||Knowledge base articles and FAQ management|
|Content management by targets (profiles, groups, etc.)|
|Reports||Devices Report generation (device-type, associated contract, commercial information)|
|Projects||Manage projects. You can associate users, groups, companies, Assets, contacts. documents, contracts and items. They will be used for the creation of tasks linked to the project. You can create sub-projects and associate them to a parent project. The projects it is available as Gantt type trees and graphics.|
GLPI is using the following technologies:
- PHP 5.6 or higher
- MySQL / MariaDB regarding the database
- HTML for the Web pages
- CSS respecting style sheets
- XML for report generation
- IT asset management
- Issue tracking system
- Comparison of help desk issue tracking software
- Comparison of ticket-tracking systems
- Service desk
- OCS Inventory
- "GLPI 9.3.0 AVAILABLE".
- "GLPI installation". GLPI installation. 2018-03-01. Retrieved 2018-03-01.
- "Help-desk Ticketing System - Install GLPI (IT and Asset Management) Tool with Fusion Inventory in Debian Linux". www.tecmint.com. Retrieved 2016-07-07.
- "GLPI est un outil d'inventaire de parc informatique et de Helpdesk, lancé en 2003 et porté par Julien Dombre, Jean-Mathieu Doléans et Bazile Lebeau - GLPI / Guide Open Source" (in French). Retrieved 2016-07-07.
- INDEPNET, Association. "Association INDEPNET". www.indepnet.net (in French). Retrieved 2016-07-07.
- "GLPI : les porteurs du projet associatif passent la main à Teclib' par Philippe Scoffoni" (in French). 2015-09-14. Retrieved 2016-07-07.
- "GLPI - Gestionnaire libre de parc informatique". www.glpi-project.org. Retrieved 2016-07-07.
- "Multilingual support with 45 languages available - Install GLPI on Debian 7". 2016-01-05. Retrieved 2016-07-07.
- "via les principes ITIL - GLPI : Installation et configuration" (in French). 2016-04-04. Retrieved 2016-07-07.
- "GLPI characteristics - GLPI - Gestionnaire libre de parc informatique". glpi-project.org. Retrieved 2016-07-07.
- "L'onglet "Inventaire" donne accès à toutes les informations concernant le matériel Présentation de GLPI | SUPINFO, École Supérieure d'Informatique". www.supinfo.com. Retrieved 2016-07-07.
- "Job-tracking-system with mail - GLPI".
- "Description des menus de GLPI : Le menu ADMINISTRATION". Blog de Valentin Pourchet (in French). 2010-06-04. Retrieved 2016-07-07.
- "Gestion des réservations de matériels". CommentCaMarche. Retrieved 2016-07-07.
- "Ce logiciel peut gérer un système de base de connaissances hiérarchique FAQ - GLPI : gestion de parc informatique avec helpdesk".
- "GLPI plugins portal". glpi project.
- "GLPI Network ITSM Software | Teclib'". www.teclib-edition.com. Retrieved 2016-07-07.
- GLPI Network
- GLPI Community
- GLPI Roadmap
- GLPI Forum
- GLPI Translations
- GLPI Online Demo
- GLPI Features Requests
- GLPI Mailing Lists
- Antal, Barzan "Tony" (2010). "7: Integrating OCS-NG with GLPI". OCS Inventory NG 1.02. Packt. ISBN 978-1-84951110-0.
- Patrice, Thebault. GLPI (Gestion Libre de Parc Informatique) : Installation et configuration d'une solution de gestion de parc et de helpdesk [GLPI (Management Free IT Park): Installing and configuring a solution of fleet management and helpdesk] (in French). ENI. ISBN 978-2-7460-7008-0.
- Prodromou, Evelthon (2009), "At Your Fingertips - Managing resource information in GLPI", Linux-magazine (article) (103).
- Rousse, Guillaume; Nouh, Walid (2011), FusionInventory and GLPI (presentation), FOSDEM.
- Everything about GNU/Linux and Open source Asset Management software : GLPI (how-to), Linuxaria, 2011.
- Install GLPI on Debian 7 (how-to), Rosehosting, 2016.
- GLPI- Project versions (versions directory), Forge GLPI-Project, 2015.
- Trophée du Libre Award (announcement) (in French), Forge GLPI-Project, 2006.
- Gestion du matériel GLPI (description) (in French), Université de Limoge.
- GLPI, completa aplicación de código abierto para gestionar el inventario (description) (in Spanish), pymesyautonomos, 2010.