|Stable release||GPG Suite 2015.09 (with MacGPG 2.0.28) (September 24, 2015) [±]|
|Operating system||Mac OS X|
|License||GNU GPL and other free software licenses|
GPGTools is an installation package for Mac OS X (10.6 - 10.11) with software tools for email and file encryption (similar to Gpg4win for Windows). GPGTools itself and all tools of GPGTools are free and open source software. The aim of the GPGTools project is to keep an easy to use OS X installation package up-to-date including the crypto software GnuPG and maintain all accompanying tools.
The GPGTools support team announced in October 2015 that the next non-beta release of their software will require the user to pay to use the software, although the source code will still be available under the terms of the GPL, stating "while the source code remains open and under the GPL we will start charging a small fee for GPGMail." 
Contents of GPG Suite
- GPGMail: A plugin for OS X Mail (email encryption).
- GPG Keychain: The certificate manager for OpenPGP.
- GPGServices: A services menu (text and file encryption).
- GPGPreferences: A system preference to fix the installation after an OS update.
- MacGPG: The core, an OS X port of GnuPG.
- "GPGTools - It's worth protecting what you love". 2015-09-24. Retrieved 2015-09-28.
- ""In order to continue using GPGMail after that, you will have to acquire a license."".