||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (May 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Full name||Gabriel Eduardo Achilier Zurita|
|Date of birth||March 24, 1985|
|Place of birth||Machala, Ecuador|
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 13 December 2016 (UTC).
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 28 March 2017
Born in Machala, Achilier began his professional career  in Liga Deportiva Universitaria de Loja. There, he established himself as one of the growing, future defender of the national team. In 2004, he left to join Deportivo Azogues.
In Azogues, he began to make a name for himself through his marvelous performances. Achilier helped Azogues qualify for the 2007 Liguilla Final of Ecuador's Serie A. Azogues did not win the tournament but did good overall. In 2008, however, Achilier matured more in the game but Azogues had a horrible season. Azogues was last in the table and did not do well in the second fase either. As a result, Achilier and Azogues were relegated down to the second division.
In November 2008, Achilier became Emelec's first offseason reinforcement. He was loaned with an option to buy.
In December 2009, Club Sport Emelec enforced its option to buy over the player and signed him on a 5-year contract, because of his great performances as a "problem solver" for the manager, being able to play in several different positions of the pitch when needed.
- Scores and results list Ecuador's goal tally first.
|1.||6 September 2016||Estadio Nacional de Lima, Lima, Peru||Peru||1–1||1–2||2018 FIFA World Cup qualification|
- CS Emelec
Achilier was married to Marly Romero and the pair had three children. In May 2016 Achilier's wife Romero was diagnosed with cancer, and on 23 January 2017 she died at Reina del Cisne clinic in the town of Piñas, El Oro province.
- "Gabriel Achillier". ESPNFC.
- "Gabriel Achillier". ESPNFC. Retrieved 2009-03-17.
- "Gabriel Achillier". NATIONAL FOOTBALL TEAM.
- "Gabriel Achillier". FIFA.
- "Achilier, Gabriel". National Football Teams. Retrieved 8 February 2017.
- "Falleció la esposa de Gabriel Achilier" (in Spanish). El Universo. 23 January 2017. Retrieved 24 January 2017.
- "Fallece en Ecuador la esposa de Gabriel Achilier, zaguero de Monarcas Morelia" (in Spanish). Univision Deportes. 23 January 2017. Retrieved 24 January 2017.
- Gabriel Achilier at National-Football-Teams.com