|Leader of the Freie Union Party|
21 June 2009 – 27 May 2010
|Preceded by||Position established|
|Succeeded by||Helga M. Hummel|
|Member of the Landtag of Bavaria|
28 September 2008 – 15 September 2013
|District administrator of Fürth|
1 May 1990 – 2 March 2008
|Preceded by||Dietrich Sommerschuh|
|Succeeded by||Matthias Dießl|
|Born||26 June 1957|
|Political party||CSU (1977-2007)|
Freie Wähler (2008-2009)
Freie Union (2009-2010)
Independent (since 2010)
Gabriele Pauli (born on Schweich, Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany) is a German politician, formerly with the conservative Christian Social Union (CSU) party. She was the District Administrator for the rural district of Fürth from 1990 to 2008.26 June 1957 in
In 2006 and 2007, Pauli's open criticism of Edmund Stoiber, fellow CSU member and minister-president of the German state of Bavaria, led to a crisis in the party which ultimately resulted in Stoiber's resignation.
She left the CSU on 21 November 2007. In June 2008 she joined the Freie Wähler Bayern (Independent Voters Association of Bavaria). She was one of the party's candidates for the parliament of the state of Bavaria (Landtag of Bavaria) on 28 September 2008. Although she was listed as candidate number 8 in Central Franconia (Mittelfranken), she was ranked first by the region's voters (Bavaria has an open-list system), making her one of the two Independent Voters Association candidates elected from Central Franconia. She then ran for the European Parliament on 7 June 2009, but her party got only 1.7% of the votes across Germany.
She finished her political career in 2016.
- "Von Stoibers Flucht aus Berlin bis zum Amtsverzicht". Süddeutsche Zeitung. 18 January 2007. Archived from the original on 11 November 2007. Retrieved 2007-12-26.
- Madeline Chambers (21 September 2007). "Glamorous Bavarian wants law to allow 7-year itch". Reuters. Retrieved 2007-12-26.
- "Erwin Huber wird neuer CSU-Parteichef". Der Tagesspiegel. 29 September 2007. Retrieved 2007-12-26.
- "Gabriele Pauli verlässt die CSU". Der Spiegel. 21 November 2007. Retrieved 2007-12-26.
- "Sicher nicht Frau Pauli". Süddeutsche Zeitung. 23 June 2008. Archived from the original on 3 August 2008. Retrieved 2008-09-15.
- Fürther Nachrichten: Schluss mit Politik: Gabriele Pauli verkauft jetzt Schmuck, 23 November 2016 online abrufbar