|Products||Golfing apparel, outerwear, jackets, trousers, pullovers, shirts, base layers, caps, hats, belts, accessories|
Galvin Green is a high-performance golf clothing brand that provides garments to golfers in more than 20 countries worldwide. Based in Växjö, central Sweden, the company was established in 1990 by entrepreneur Tomas Nilsson. Galvin Green designs and sells multi-layer garments for the game of golf that are characterized as being highly technical, comfortable, breathable, and bright in color and styling. Spring/Summer and Autumn/Winter collections are sold via golf retail stores, on-course shops and authorized online retailers.
In the early 1990s, the majority of golfers wore dark-colored, ill-fitting rain suits that became extremely heavy when it rained and stayed in their golf bag until the next downpour. By 1995, Galvin Green had launched a full range of waterproofs in bright colors that incorporated a high level of detail never seen before in golf apparel. A series of 'firsts' then followed in quick succession – half-zip rain jackets, zip fly trousers, jackets without front pockets, adjustable chest tabs, cuffs with rain channels, stretch fabric with various color options.
More than a decade after launching its Multi-layer Concept – dressing for golf from the inside out with every layer compatible with the next to help maintain performance regardless of climatic conditions - Galvin Green is now among the world's leading golf apparel brands and dominates the rainwear sector in the UK & Ireland. The company entered the U.S. market for the first time in 2013.
The Galvin Green Shell Layer is specifically designed to provide protection against rain and wind and allow for the release of excess heat and moisture from the inside. This layer also includes water repellent zippers, a chin protector, a drawstring bottom edge and a performance fit that minimizes fabric. This range contains three levels of protection: Gore-Tex, Gore-Tex Paclite Technology, and Windstopper.
Gore-Tex is the first of three levels in the Galvin Green Shell Layer range and is completely waterproof. The Gore-Tex membrane is made out of e-polytetrafluoroethylene (ePTFE) and has 1.4 billion microscopic pores. These pores are designed to be 20,000 times smaller than a water droplet, but 700 times larger than a water vapor molecule. The Gore-Tex membrane is completely waterproof from the outside, while allowing water vapor and heat escape from the inside. The result is a high level of breathability and durability, and maximum freedom of movement specifically designed for golfers.
Gore-Tex Paclite is the second of three levels in the Shell Layer and is completely waterproof. The Gore-Tex Paclite membrane contains the same materials and specifications as the Gore-Tex membrane, except that it features the lighter and more packable fabrics. This membrane is ideal when space and weight are critical, without sacrificing breathability, durability, freedom of movement, or water- and wind-proofing. Each jacket weighs less than the equivalent weight of four golf balls.
Windstopper is the third of the three Shell Layer levels and is completely windproof, eliminating the wind-chill factor on the golf course. Windstopper has two layers made of expanded and porous e-polytetrafluoroethylene (ePTFE). An ultra thin protective layer is laminated to a lightweight textile layer to create a microporous structure. These micropores are 900 times larger than a water vapour molecule, which allows for perspiration to escape from the inside. The Windstopper membrane is characterized by its thermoregulatory function that prevents overheating, but keeps the body up to 2.5 times warmer than comparable materials.
Garments from these WARM and COOL layers feature differing levels of breathability and thermoregulation that keeps the body at an optimum temperature for strong performance on the golf course, regardless of the weather. The majority of WARM LAYER products are full and sleeveless jackets, but the line also includes neck and wrist warmers. COOL LAYER products come in the form of shirts, trousers and shorts, plus skirts and skorts.
INSULA is Galvin Green's warm layer providing thermoregulation to keep the body insulated and comfortable in the coldest conditions. Insula is made of a light, airy material with built-in air chambers that are warmed by body heat. It is a soft, stretchy and snug-fitting garment designed specifically to provide golfers with exceptional mobility and breathability.
VENTIL8 is designed to release heat and moisture twice as quickly as conventional polyester golf shirts. The VENTIL8 membrane contains permanent anti-bacterial technology designed to combat odors and keep the garment fresh. It is also UPF 20+, which means that the membrane will protect the body from harmful ultraviolet rays. The VENTIL8 fabric is also applied to a range of comfortable slacks and shorts.
Garments in the Skintight Base Layer line carry moisture away from the skin, while Compression Technology enhances blood circulation and oxygen levels in muscles to create greater stamina. The Compression Technology is made up of polyester and spandex fabrics that form a tight fit to the skin and efficiently whisk away moisture. Base Layer products come in the form of leggings, long sleeve vests and boxer briefs.
Skintight Compression Technology comes in two forms: Compression 20 and Compression 10. Compression 20 is characterized by high breathability and moisture control, and is for golf in temperatures below 20 °C. Compression 10 is designed to provide performance in very cold weather conditions. The material is made up of hollow fibers that add a warming effect for temperatures below 10 °C. Compression 20 and Compression 10 are both UVP 50+ and contain anti-bacterial technology to keep garments fresh.
Skintight Thermal Technology is designed for playing in cold weather conditions below 5 °C. Thermal Technology provides warmth in a light, airy material for maximum comfort and breathability. Its permanent anti-bacterial technology keeps the garments fresh and odour-free.
Skintight Fresh Technology is Galvin Green's regular fitting base layer. It's available as a boxer brief and uses anti-bacterial material that defends against odours and retains freshness. The Fresh Technology also ensures dry comfort, as it transports moisture away from the skin.
Galvin Green introduced its 2014 Spring/Summer collection with the release of its first mobile application. 'Gear Up' is available from the Apple App Store and Google Play and offers comprehensive descriptions of the brand's Multi-layer Concept and latest garments. It incorporates a camera function that activates when the phone's camera is pointing at a picture of a garment labelled with the 'Gear Up' logo in the consumer Look Book or on in-store displays. This feature provides virtual enhancement of the picture, displaying the product in different color options and zooming in on the special features on each product.
Ryder Cup Collection
Galvin Green is a licensee of Ryder Cup Europe and was selected to be part of a new 'Exclusive Collection' for the 40th Ryder Cup at Gleneagles, Scotland in September 2014. This collection includes specially-designed garments using cutting edge materials in Gore-Tex, Gore-Tex Paclite, Windstopper, INSULA and VENTIL8 fabrics featuring a distinctive silhouette of the famous Ryder Cup trophy.
PGA of Sweden
Galvin Green is currently one of five main sponsors for the PGA of Sweden.
PGA of Germany
PGA of Denmark
Galvin Green has been the official clothing supplier to the PGA of Denmark since 2009 and is one of five principal sponsors providing financial support and golf clothing packages to PGA professionals and members.
PGA of Canada
Galvin Green signed a multi-year agreement in March 2013 to become the official clothing supplier to the PGA of Canada and provide PGA of Canada branded shirts, sweaters and outerwear.
- Golfstore Best Software Supplier: 2008, 2009, 2011
- Golf Europe Product Award for Golf Clothing: 2010
- TGI Golf Apparel Brand of the Year: 2012, 2013
- SCOREGolf Canada Emerging Golf Company of the Year: 2011
- SCOREGolf Canada Outerwear Brand of the Year: 2012
- Golf Business Magazine Supplier of the Year: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
- Today's Golfer Magazine Best Waterproof Brand: 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
- Today's Golfer Magazine Best Apparel Brand: 2009, 2010, 2011
- Today's Golfer Magazine Top Award for Waterproofs: 2013
- National Club Golfer Magazine Best Waterproofs: 2011, 2012, 2013
- Lady Golfer Magazine Best Waterproof: 2009, 2011
- Young, Rick. "Galvin Green Sees Greener Pastures". SCOREGolf. Retrieved 9 April 2014.
- Long, Brent. "Galvin Green: Game-Changing Golf Apparel". Inside Golf. Retrieved 9 April 2014.
- "About Us". DG Golf Dubai.
- Skidmore, Lee. "The History". InsureGolf. Retrieved 7 April 2014.
- McClelland, Nicholas. "Galvin Green Brings Swedish Style to American Golf". Men's Journal. Wenner Media. Retrieved 14 April 2014.
- Nilsson, Martin. "Galvin Green Enters the US Market" (PDF). Galvin Green. Retrieved 9 April 2014.
- Russell, Geoffrey. "Galvin Green Dominats UK Waterproofs Market". Golf Business News. Retrieved 9 April 2014.
- "Multi-layer Concept". Galvin Green. Retrieved 9 April 2014.
- "Outerwear Technologies". Gore-Tex Product Technologies. Gore-Tex. Retrieved 9 April 2014.
- Gear Up Spring/Summer 2014. Galvin Green. 2014. p. 7.
- Auclair, T.J. "Equipment". The Golf Buzz. Professional Golfer's Association. Retrieved 9 April 2014.
- "Windstopper Product Technologies". Windstopper Technology of Comfort. Windstopper. Retrieved 9 April 2014.
- Gear Up Spring/Summer 2014. Galvin Green. 2014. p. 25.
- Gear Up Spring/Summer 2014. Galvin Green. 2014. p. 27.
- High Performance Golf Wear Spring/Summer 2014. 2014: Galvin Green. pp. 40–41.
- Gear Up Spring/Summer 2014. Galvin Green. 2014. p. 31.
- High Performance Golf Wear Spring/Summer 2014. 2014: Galvin Green. p. 41.
- Tadman, Joel. "Galvin Green Launches Free 'Gear-Up' App". Equipment News. Today's Golfer. Retrieved 9 April 2014.
- "Galvin Green//Gear Up Description". Galvin Green. Google Play. Retrieved 9 April 2014.
- Clarke, Tom. "Galvin Green Teams up with Ryder Cup Europ". Gear News. Golf Monthly. Retrieved 9 April 2014.
- High Performance Golf Wear Spring/Summer. Galvin Green. 2014. p. 3.
- "PGA of Sweden Main Page". PGA of Sweden. Retrieved 9 April 2014.
- "Galvin Green: The Success Combination". PGA of Germany. Retrieved 9 April 2014.
- "The Pool Partners of the PGA of Germany". PGA of Germany Partner Page. PGA of Germany. Retrieved 9 April 2014.
- Buckhoj, Morten (2010). "PGA of Denmark and Galvin Green Extend Cooperation Agreement" (PDF). Retrieved 9 April 2014.
- PGA of Canada. "PGA of Canada Reaches Multi-Year Agreement with Galvin Green Canada". Retrieved 9 April 2014.