Garrya flavescens is a species of flowering shrub, known by the common name ashy silktassel.
Garrya flavescens is a shrub reaching a maximum height approaching three meters.
The leaves are oval-shaped, up to 7 or 8 centimeters long and about half as wide. The underside may be hairless to very hairy and pale dusty gray.
The plant is dioecious, with both male and female plants producing long hanging clusters of flowers. Female flowers give way to bunches or clusters of spherical berries covered in hairs.
- Madrean Sky Islands — desert habitat of the plant.
- Media related to Garrya flavescens at Wikimedia Commons
- Jepson Manual Treatment of Garrya flavescens
- USDA Plants Profile for Garrya flavescens (Ashy silktassel)
- Garrya flavescens — U.C. Photo gallery
|This Asterid article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|