At Apple Computer in the 1990s, Starkweather invented color management technology, and led the development of Colorsync 1.0. In 1991 he was awarded the David Richardson Medal. Starkweather joined Microsoft Research in 1997, where he works on display technology.
- Edwin D. Reilly (2003). Milestones in Computer Science and Information Technology. Greenwood Press. ISBN 1-57356-521-0.
- Roy A. Allan (2001). A History of the Personal Computer: The People and the Technology. Allan Publishing. ISBN 0-9689108-0-7.
- Gladwell, Malcolm (May 16, 2011). "Creation Myth - Xerox PARC, Apple, and the truth about innovation". The New Yorker. Retrieved 31 August 2011.
- Gary K. Starkweather, "Method and apparatus for calibrating and adjusting a color imaging system," U.S. Patent 5694227, Dec. 2, 1997
- "David Richardson Medal". OSA.org. The Optical Society. 2013. Retrieved December 18, 2013.
- O'Hanlon, Charlene (Nov 13, 2002). "Gary Starkweather - Laser Printer Inventor". IT Channel News by CRN. CRN. Retrieved 13 August 2009.
- "Mr. Gary K. Starkweather". National Academy of Engineering Membership Website.
|This article about an engineer, inventor or industrial designer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|