Gary Webb (artist)
Webb's solo debut was an exhibition entitled "Gary Webb plays Gary Webb" at The Approach in 1998. In 2000 he collaborated with Keith Farquhar on a sculptural installation at the Approach, and in 2001 he curated the group show "Brown," for the same gallery.
Webb participated in "Early One Morning", a group exhibition at the Whitechapel Gallery, in 2002. Reviewing the show, Richard Dorment described him as "the most original young artist I've come across in almost 15 years of writing art criticism." His first solo exhibition in a public gallery was at the Chisenhale Gallery in 2004.
1997 BFA Goldsmiths College, London
- deCordova Sculpture Park and Museum, Lincoln, Massachusetts
- Kukje Gallery, Seoul, Korea
- Key Largo, The Approach, London
- Other Criteria, London
- Diamond Standard, Bortolami Gallery, New York
- Euro Bobber, Galeria Parra-Romero, Madrid
- Revolution Oil, The Approach W1, London
- Export, Atelier Hermes, Seoul, Korea
- Gary Webb, Galerie Nikolaus Ruzicska, Salzburg
- Gary Webb, Bortolami Dayan, New York
- Mirage of Loose Change, Kunsthaus, Glarus; Le Consortium, Dijon; Centre d’Arte Contemporain, Geneva
- British Art Show 6, BALTIC The Centre for Contemporary Art, Gateshead, UK
- Still Life – Naturaleza muerta arte contemporaneo britanico y peruano, Museo de Arte de Lima, Lima, Peru
- Deep Heat T Reg Laguna, The Chisenhale, London, touring to Mead Gallery, Warwick ‘05
- It’s All an Illusion. A Sculpture Project, Migros Museum fur Gegenwartskunst, Zurich, Switzerland
- Evan Holloway and Gary Webb - Art Statements, Art Basel 34, The Approach London
- Ringer, MW Projects, London
- Nouveau Riche with Keith Farquhar, The Approach, London
- Gary Webb plays Gary Webb, The Approach, London
- Frieze Projects East, London 2012 Festival, London, UK
- Snowy Farr memorial artwork public commission, City of Cambridge, UK
- British Arts Council, Regents Park, London (permanent installation)
- Anyang Public Art Projecy, Anywang, South Korea
- Swallow Street, Public sculpture (commissioned by Modus Operandi)
- Musee des Beaux-Arts de Nancy
- Christian Dior, Dior Homme, Paris (25 Rue Royale)
- Home Office Building (Curated by Liam Gillick)
2007 ‘Mirage of Loose Change’, Les Presses Du Réel, Dijon
2005 ‘British Art Show 6’, Hayward Gallery Touring, London
2003 ‘The Moderns’, published by Castello di Rivoli Museo d’Arte Contemporanea, Rivoli-Torino
2002 ‘Early One Morning’ published by the Whitechapel Art Gallery
2001 ‘Tail Sliding’, The British Council ‘Casino 2001: 1st quadrennial of Contemporary Art’, S.M.A.K. Publications
2000 ‘The Saatchi Decade’, Booth Clibborn Publications
1999 ‘Die Young Stay Pretty’, Catalogue, ICA Publications
2000 Two year ‘Delfina’ Award for studio space
- TATE Gallery Collection, UK
- Arts Council Collection, UK
- British Council, UK
- Government Art Collection, UK
- S.M.A.K., Gent, Belgium
- Collection musee departemental d'Art contemporain, Rochechouart, France
- Collection of fonds regional d'Art contemporain des Pays de la Loire, Carquefou, France
- Michael Wilson, Openings Gary Webb - sculpture exhibitions p2, ArtForum, Oct 2003.
- Dan Fox, Keith Farqhuar and Gary Webb, Archived 2008-06-17 at the Wayback Machine. Frieze, Nov-Dec 2000.
- Michael Wilson, Openings Gary Webb - sculpture exhibitions p1, ArtForum, Oct 2003.
- Richard Dorment, Better than BritArt, telegraph.co.uk, July 17, 2002.
- Richard Dorment, Driven to bliss, telegraph.co.uk, Nov 24, 2004.
- "Gary Webb | The approach". Retrieved 17 January 2018.