Gas Company Tower
|Gas Company Tower|
|Alternative names||SoCal Gas Center/Sempra Energy|
|Owner||Brookfield Office Properties Inc.|
|Roof||228.3 m (749 ft)|
9 below ground
|Floor area||1,313,360 sq ft (122,015 m2)|
|Design and construction|
Skidmore, Owings and Merrill
Thomas Properties Group|
|Main contractor||Turner Construction|
Gas Company Tower is a 52-story, 228.3 m (749 ft) class-A office skyscraper on Bunker Hill in downtown Los Angeles, California. Located on the north side of Fifth Street between Olive Street and Grand Avenue, across from the Biltmore Hotel, the building serves as the headquarters for the Southern California Gas Company, which vacated its previous offices on Eighth- and Flower-streets in 1991, and is home to the Los Angeles offices of Arent Fox and Sidley Austin.
In 2014, Deloitte became the first tenant to have their logo affixed to the peak of the building which had been left plain since the building was completed. This giant accounting firm moved from nearby Two California Plaza, where it had been since 2000.
In popular culture
The lobby is featured in the opening scene of the 1994 action movie Speed.
- Vincent, Roger (13 October 2013) "Brookfield becomes dominant landlord in L.A. financial district" Los Angeles Times
- "Gas Company Tower". CTBUH Skyscraper Database.
- Gas Company Tower at Emporis
- Gas Company Tower at Glass Steel and Stone
- "Gas Company Tower". SkyscraperPage.
- Gas Company Tower at Structurae
- "Sidley Austin LLP - Our Firm - Los Angeles". Sidley Austin. 2010. Archived from the original on 31 July 2012. Retrieved 2 September 2010.
- Vincent, Roger (12 June 2014) "Deloitte to move downtown L.A. office to Gas Co. Tower" Los Angeles Times