Gatwekera (Gatuikira) is a part of Kibera slum in Nairobi. Its population likely exceeds 70,000. Water & Sanitation for the Urban Poor is active there. Many of its residents are Luo. Médecins Sans Frontières used to run a health center there. Other parts of Kibera include Laini Saba, Lindi, Makina, Kianda, Mashimoni, Soweto East, Kisumu Ndogo and Siranga.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-07-18. Retrieved 2010-08-13.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Angela: "My children need to start school but we're stuck in the camp"". The New Humanitarian. January 15, 2008.
- Reid, Tony; van Engelgem, Ian; Telfer, Barbara; Manzi, Marcel (December 4, 2008). "Providing HIV care in the aftermath of Kenya's post-election violence Medecins Sans Frontieres' lessons learned January – March 2008". Conflict and Health. 2 (1): 15. doi:10.1186/1752-1505-2-15. PMC 2634762. PMID 19055803.
- "Archived copy". Retrieved 2016-12-04.
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-07-20. Retrieved 2010-08-13.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)