From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For the Southern Indians caste, see Goud.
|This article does not cite any sources. (December 2014)|
At present the chief branches of Gauḍa brahmins are:
- Des Wali Gauḍa (in Madhyadeś).
- Pachade Gauḍa (western Gauḍa brahmins).
- Sri Gauḍa (originally from Kashmir, now in Uttar Pradesh, Gujarat, Rajasthan, Malwa(MP)).
Other minor branches of the Gauḍa are :
- Parik (from Parasara).
- Dayama/Dadheech brahmins (from Dadhica).
- Baḍe Prabhava Wale (from Gautama).
- Khaṇḍelwala (from Kharika).
- Sarsvata (from Sara, distinct from the Sarasvata brahmins).
- Sukuwal (from Sukumarga).