From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up gauge in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
- Gauge (instrument), any of a variety of measuring instruments
- For gauges on a car dashboard, see Dashboard items
- Gauge blocks, metal blocks of precisely known length, used in measuring
- Gauge (bore diameter), the diameter of a shotgun barrel
- Wire gauge, a measurement of the cross-sectional area of a wire
- Unit of thickness used for thin plastics; 1 gauge = 1/100 mil = 1/100,000 inch = 25.4/100000 millimetre = 0.254 micrometre
- Sheet metal gauge, thickness of metal in sheet form
- Sight glass, also known as a water gauge, for measuring liquid level heights in storage tanks and pressure vessels
- Boost gauge, a gauge used in conjunction with turbo-super-chargers
- Pressure gauge or vacuum gauge (see pressure measurement)
- Stream gauge for measuring height and discharge of a river or stream
- Film gauge, a physical property of film stock which defines its size
- ANOVA gauge R&R, a statistical tool to measure variation arising from the measurement device and its operators
- Air core gauge, a type of rotary actuator often used in automotive instruments
- Needle gauge for comparing outer diameter of medical needles
Mathematics and physics
- Track gauge, the distance between the two rails forming a railway track
- Loading gauge, the maximum width and height of vehicles (engines, loaded wagons, etc.).
- Structure gauge, the minimum size of bridges, tunnels, platforms, etc.
- always bigger than loading gauge
- Axle load, the weight that an axle exerts on track
- Variable gauge, system to allow railway vehicles to travel across a break of gauge
- Gauge, Inc., a manufacturer of microphones and audio accessories
- Gauge (knitting), the number of stitches in a given length
- Change of gauge (aviation), when an aircraft type changes at a stopping point of a direct flight
- Gauge (actress), American pornographic actress
- Gauge (band), post-hardcore band from Chicago, Illinois, USA
- 12 Gauge, a Canadian country music group (see Emerson Drive)
- 12 Gauge (rapper), a 1990s rapper from Augusta, Georgia, USA
- Gauge, the size of objects used to stretch ear piercings
- "English pronunciation of "gauge"". Cambridge Dictionaries Online. Retrieved 2015-07-02.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Gauge.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.