Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up gauge in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
- Gauge (instrument), any of a variety of measuring instruments
- Gauge block, a metal block of precisely known dimension, used in measuring
- Sight glass, also known as a water gauge, for measuring liquid level heights in storage tanks and pressure vessels
- Boost gauge, a gauge used in conjunction with turbo-super-chargers
- Pressure gauge or vacuum gauge, see pressure measurement
- Stream gauge, for measuring height and discharge of a river or stream
- Air core gauge, a type of rotary actuator often used in automotive instruments
- Track gauge, the distance between the two rails forming a railway track
- Loading gauge, the maximum width and height of vehicles (engines, loaded wagons, etc.).
- Structure gauge, the minimum size of bridges, tunnels, platforms, etc.
- Axle load, the weight that an axle exerts on track
- Variable gauge, system to allow railway vehicles to travel across a break of gauge
- Gauge (firearms)
- Wire gauge, a measure of the size of a wire
- Sheet metal gauge, thickness of metal in sheet form
- Film gauge, a physical property of film stock which defines its size
- The size of objects used in stretching (body piercing), especially earrings
Mathematics and physics
- Gauge (knitting), the number of stitches in a given length
- Gauge (actress), American pornographic actress
- Gauge (band), post-hardcore band from Chicago, Illinois, USA
- Gauge, Inc., a manufacturer of microphones and audio accessories
- Change of gauge (aviation), when an aircraft type changes at a stopping point of a direct flight
- Gauge (software), cross-platform test automation tool
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Gauge.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.