Gay Lea Foods Co-operative Limited is a dairy products co-operative in Canada producing butter, sour cream, cottage cheese, whipped cream and lactose free milk for retail, foodservice, industrial and export markets. Gay Lea also produces a new product called "Spreadables", which is a spreadable butter, made as a canola oil and butter blend, that tastes like butter but is spreadable directly out of the fridge.
Founded in 1958 as United Dairy and Poultry Co-operative Limited and later renamed for the brand name of its highly respected[by whom?], market-leading products, Gay Lea Foods Co-operative Limited is based in Mississauga, Ontario and owned and operated by Ontario milk producers, currently representing approximately twenty-five per cent of all Ontario dairy farms.
- Mississauga, Ontario - Head Office.
- Weston, Ontario - Main distribution centre and cultured products plant.
- Weston, Ontario - UHT pasteurized milk and cream processing plant.
- Guelph, Ontario - Milk powder processing plant, creamery, spreadable butter and aerosol whipped topping operations.
- Teeswater, Ontario - Milk and cream collection plant,Milk powder processing creamery and retail outlet.
- Nordica Cottage cheese
- Nordica Single Serve Cottage cheese
- Lacteeze Milk
- Gay Lea Spreadable Butter Blend
- Gay Lea Butter
- Gay Lea Sour Cream
- Gay Lea Sour Cream Dip
- Gay Lea Real Whipped Cream