Gayane (given name)
|Region of origin||Armenia|
|Related names||Gayaneh, Gayne|
Gayane (Armenian: Գայանե (reformed); Գայիանէ (classical)), also spelled Gayaneh, is a popular Armenian female name of unknown meaning. Some relate it to the Ancient Greek word gaia, who was the "earth goddess," see Gaia.
Notable people with the name Gayane:
- Gayane Chebotaryan (1918–1998), Armenian composer
- Gayane Khachaturian (1942–2009), Armenian painter
- Gayane Kostanyan (born 1988), Armenian footballer
- "Origin of the name GAYANE". 20knames.com. Retrieved 22 March 2011.
- (in Russian) http://name.passion.ru/encyclopedia/gayane/
- http://www. babynology.com/meaning-gayane-f4.html
- "Feast of Saint Gayane and Her Companions celebrated in the Armenian Church". The Armenian Church. June 10, 2009. Retrieved March 22, 2011.
- (in Russian) http://www.calend.ru/holidays/0/0/2027/
|This page or section lists people that share the same given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.|