|Position:||Tight ends coach|
|Date of birth:||June 7, 1962|
|Place of birth:||Madison, Wisconsin|
|Coaching stats at PFR|
Chryst attended Princeton University, where he played at the linebacker position for the Princeton Tigers football team. He also played on the baseball team. He first became a coach at the University of Wisconsin-Platteville in 1987. While there, he also helped at the Chicago Bears training camp. In 1988, he was a coach with the Wisconsin Badgers before spending the next two years as the quarterbacks coach of the Wyoming Cowboys. He served as the wide receivers and running backs coach of the Orlando Thunder of the World League of American Football in 1991, before playing with the team the following year as a long snapper, along with serving as a quality control coach with the Chicago Bears. Chryst remained with the Bears through 1995, when he left to spend three seasons with the Arizona Cardinals as a tight ends coach and quarterbacks coach. From there, he served as the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach of the San Diego Chargers in 1999 and 2000 before returning to Cardinals as the quarterbacks coach. After two seasons away from the NFL, he spent five seasons as the tight ends coach and offensive quality control coach of the Carolina Panthers before being hired by the 49ers as their quarterbacks coach. He was promoted to offensive coordinator prior to the 49ers' 2015-16 season, under Jim Tomsula. In his first year as the offensive coordinator of the 49ers, the team ended up 31st in total yards and 32nd in points. Unsurprisingly, as a result of the abysmal offensive output, Chryst was fired after just 1 season as offensive coordinator.
Chryst is the brother of Wisconsin Badgers head football coach Paul Chryst and former Mid-American Conference commissioner Rick Chryst. Their father, George, was an assistant at Wisconsin and then became the head coach and athletic director at the University of Wisconsin-Platteville.
- Bachelor's Degree - History, Princeton University
- Master's Degree - Educational Administration, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- "49ers to name Geep Chryst next offensive coordinator". SB Nation. Retrieved January 28, 2015.
- "Geep Chryst". San Francisco 49ers. Retrieved April 7, 2011.
- "Q&A with 49ers quarterback coach Geep Chryst". The Press Democrat. Archived from the original on February 27, 2011. Retrieved April 17, 2011.
- "49ers quietly clean house in coaching staff". Pro Football Talk. Retrieved January 19, 2016.