The town centre (darkgreen) and the statistical district (lightgreen) of Geervliet in the former municipality of Bernisse.
Geervliet is a town in the Dutch province of South Holland. It is a part of the municipality of Nissewaard, and lies about 6 km northwest of Spijkenisse on the Brielse Maas. It received city rights in 1381.
In 2001, the town of Geervliet had 1670 inhabitants. The built-up area of the town was 0.34 km², and contained 687 residences. The wider statistical district of Geervliet, which covers the entire "Polder Geervliet" has a population of around 2290. This includes the 290 inhabitants of the village Simonshaven.
- Stars Over Foy, DJ and producer
- Ad van der Meer and Onno Boonstra, Repertorium van Nederlandse gemeenten, KNAW, 2006.
- Statistics Netherlands (CBS), Bevolkingskernen in Nederland 2001 "Archived copy". Archived from the original on March 19, 2006. Retrieved January 24, 2007.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link). Statistics are for the continuous built-up area.
- Statistics Netherlands (CBS), Gemeente Op Maat 2004: Bernisse [permanent dead link].
- J. Kuyper, Gemeente Atlas van Nederland, 1865-1870, "Geervliet". Map of the former municipality, around 1868.
|This South Holland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|