From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Geist in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Geist ("spirit") is a German term used in philosophy, in particular by Hegel.
Geist may also refer to:
- Geist (DC Comics), a superhero appearing in Detective Comics
- Geist (Marvel Comics), a supervillain opponent of Wolverine
- Geist, Indianapolis, an area in northeastern Indianapolis, Indiana, named after Geist Reservoir, which it surrounds
- Geist (company), a data center management company based in Lincoln, Nebraska
- Geist, the German name for Apața Commune, Braşov County, Romania
- Geist (magazine), a Canadian literary magazine
- Geist (video game), a Nintendo GameCube video game has Exclusive Published by Nintendo.
- Geist: The Sin-Eaters, a role-playing game published by White Wolf, Inc., involving undead creatures such as ghosts and geists
- Geist Group, an American organization for paranormal investigations
- Geist, A so-called, real-life superhero operating out of southeastern Minnesota since 2007
Geist is the surname of:
- Bill Geist (born 1945), American author, columnist and television journalist
- Christian Geist (c. 1650–1711), German composer and organist
- George Geist (born 1955), American Republican Party politician
- Jackie Geist (born 1986), American beauty queen
- Joel Geist (born 1982), American actor
- Kaufman Geist, (1895-1948) American track and field athlete
- Michael Geist (born 1968), Canadian academic
- Otto W. Geist (1888–1963), German archaeologist, explorer, and naturalist
- Richard Geist (born 1944), American Republican Party politician
- Willie Geist (born 1975), American television personality
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Geist.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.