|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|• Mayor||Mehmet Hadi Topraktan (AKP)|
|• Kaymakam||Özgür Körükçü|
|• District||1,711.92 km2 (660.98 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,087 m (3,566 ft)|
|• District density||20/km2 (53/sq mi)|
The town is located close to the southern banks of the Murat River or Eastern Euphrates. The district has an area of 1,646 km², which is 20.26% of the area of its province. The central city is 20 km away from the nearest city. Its center is 1125 m above sea level.
Within the boundaries of the district, along with the central city, are two towns, 62 villages, and 243 hamlets.
The population of Genç district was 35,208 in 2011, of which 19,123 live in the city itself. The population density of the district in 2000 was 22 persons per square kilometer.
- "Area of regions (including lakes), km²". Regional Statistics Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. 2002. Retrieved 2013-03-05.
- "Population of province/district centers and towns/villages by districts - 2012". Address Based Population Registration System (ABPRS) Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- 2011 genel nüfus sayımı verileri. Türkiye İstatistik Kurumu. 3 November 2012. Retrieved 5 June 2014.
- (Turkish) official website of Genç governorment
- (Turkish) official website of the municipality of Genç
|This article about an Eastern Anatolia Region of Turkey location is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|