General de Jesus College
|President||Noemi A. Villanueva, Ph.D.|
|Location||San Isidro, Philippines|
Founded in 1946, the General de Jesus College (GJC), formerly known as General de Jesus Academy, is a private school located in the Poblacion, San Isidro, Nueva Ecija, the Philippines. The College offers undergraduate courses.
Vallarta St., Poblacion, San Isidro, Nueva Ecija
The plight of San Isidro’s youth, who had nowhere to go for secondary education after World War II, was the prime factor that led to the founding of General de Jesus Academy. The founders were prominent citizens of the town, namely: Paz Policarpio-Mendez, Soledad Medina, Francisco Narciso, Teofilo P. Abello, and Ricardo Odulio.
The school was named in honor of General Simeon de Jesus, San Isidro’s hero. General de Jesus, who was executed by the Japanese in Fort Santiago, was one of the most distinguished graduates of the Philippine Constabulary Academy, now Philippine Military Academy.
General de Jesus Academy opened in June 1946 in a rented building which was the former residence of the Moreno family. It started with seven teachers, including the principal, and 255 students from first to fourth year.
From 1946 to 1977, the school operated only the academic secondary course. In 1978, the school board, heeding the appeal of parents who could not send their children to Manila or Cabanatuan City for college education, opened a collegiate department. The first course offered during the school year 1978 -79 was Liberal Arts. At present, the courses being offered are: Bachelor of Science in Accountancy (BSA), Bachelor of Science in Accounting Technology (BSAcT), Bachelor of Information Technology (BSIT), Bachelor of Science in Hotel and Restaurant Management (BSHRM), Bachelor of Secondary Education (BSE), Bachelor of Elementary Education (BEEd), Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA), Bachelor of Science in Commerce (BSC), Two-Year Associate in Computer Technology (ACT), and Hotel and Restaurant Management (HRM).
In 1992, the Pre-school and the Elementary departments started serving the community. General de Jesus Academy was converted into a college when the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) approved the change in status on August 28, 1997 and the school from then has been known as General de Jesus College.
In the DECS List of 300 Top Performing Colleges and Universities in 1992 PBET (Professional Board Examination for Teachers) General de Jesus College obtained a national rank of 144 and a Regional rank of 24. It ranked No. 2 in Nueva Ecija, second only to the Central Luzon State University. Its high school department was chosen in 1996 as the Most Effective Private High School in the Division of Nueva Ecija.
General de Jesus College is a stock, non-sectarian school under a board composed of nine (9) members. The Chairman of the board is Mr. Carlo P. Mendez, while the President is Dr. Noemi A. Villanueva.
Accredited by the Association of Christian Schools, Colleges and Universities-Accrediting Agency, Inc. (ACSCU-AAI)
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION PROGRAM: LEVEL II Accredited Status May 2012 - EDUCATION Program Bachelor of Elementary Education & Bachelor of Secondary Education Level III RE-Accredited Status - HIGH SCHOOL Level III RE-Accredited Status - Visited last Feb 13-17, 2012
- COMPLETE SECONDARY COURSE (First to Fourth Year) : Government Recognition No. S-005, S. 2010. Given in the San Fernando, Pampanga dated February 9, 2010.
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION PROGRAM: LEVEL I Accredited Status : dated April 30, 2009.
- EDUCATION : LEVEL III Re-Accredited Status (BSeD & BEED): dated May 31, 2008.
- HIGH SCHOOL : FIVE -Year Re-Accredited Status : April 2007 to April 2012 dated June 2007.
- HIGH SCHOOL : Three -Year Initial Program April 2004 to April 2007 dated March 28, 2004. -EDUCATION : Three -Year Initial Program April 2004 to April 2007 dated March 28, 2004.