Gentry de Paris
|Gentry de Paris|
|Born||Hollywood, California, USA|
Early life and career
She grew up near Disneyland in Anaheim, CA. She first started first dancing with a troupe of chorus girls who did enactments of Busby Berkeley choreographies, then she went on to solo burlesque strip tease acts. Her most major influence on her style of dance is the golden age of Hollywood.
In 2009, Gentry wrote and starred in the TV movie musical Gentry de Paris Revue at the Casino de Paris, directed by Philippe Calvario. The Gentry de Paris Revue ran for two weeks in Paris in September 2009, and it was a Zeigfeld Follies-style theatre extravaganza and the first Grande Revue in Paris 40 years.
She has performed in Scarlett James' Grande Burlesque Show in Montreal, the Montreal Burlesque Festival, the 8th annual New York Burlesque Festival, and in other cabarets throughout Europe and North America. She has also performed with Patricia Kaas during her 2009 Kabaret tour, Arielle Dombasle for the AmfAR Gala in Paris, hosted by Kylie Minogue, and she has collaborated with the Gotan Project.
- Gentry de Paris (19 March 2010). "Gentry de Paris Brings Back the Glamour to Burlesque". Ultra Swank (Interview). Interview with Chistopher. Retrieved 10 January 2016.
- "Gentry de Paris Revue (TV Movie 2009)". IMDb. 31 December 2009. Retrieved 11 January 2016.
- "Clases de striptease 'burlesque' para amas de casa - Mundo". elmundo.es. 24 December 2010. Retrieved 11 January 2016.
- Gentry de Paris at the Internet Movie Database
- Gentry de Paris on Twitter
- "Storming Paris’s Burlesque Stages"
- "Beyond Burlesque: Dita Von Teese at the Gentry de Paris Revue"
- "Si vous aimez la séduisante Dita von Teese... vous allez adorer l'élégante Gentry de Paris"
- "Dita Von Teese sublime au bras de son chéri... pour une soirée sous le signe de l'effeuillage"