He studied communications in British Columbia Institute of Technology and Wheaton College (Illinois) Graduate School. He got a Bachelor of Arts in Christian Leadership at Trinity International University. In 2007, he received an Honorary degree in Doctor of Ministry at Olivet University.
Dr. Tunnicliffe has served as the executive director of International Teams, an international agency and an organizational consultant. From 1999-2002 he led a multi-national team to develop the Refugee Highway Partnership, a World Evangelical Alliance network that builds collaboration among the 350 organizations serving refugees around the world.
He also served as Director, Global Initiatives for the Evangelical Fellowship of Canada, served on the board of Micah Challenge International. The Micah Challenge is a global campaign of the World Evangelical Alliance and the Micah Network to mobilize Christians against poverty. The campaign aimed to deepen Christian engagement with impoverished and marginalized communities, and to influence leaders of rich and poor nations to fulfill their promise to achieve the Millennium Development Goals.
For 10 years Dr. Tunnicliffe served as the Secretary General of the World Evangelical Alliance (WEA). The WEA serves and represents more than 600 million evangelical Christians, 7 regional and 129 national Evangelical Alliances, and over 150 member organizations. As Secretary General, he built trusted and warm relationships with the leaders of other international bodies including the Vatican, the World Council of Churches, the United Nations, Religions for Peace, and the World Bank as well as many global faith and humanitarian organizations.
In addition to numerous magazine articles, Dr. Tunnicliffe has authored several books, including "101 Ways to Change Your World.""
After several decades of global leadership, Dr. Geoff Tunnicliffe is now dedicating his time and trusted relationships to increase the world wide reach and impact of faith and value based media and business enterprises. He believes such initiatives can contribute to the positive good in the building of healthy nations, decreasing conflicts and creating a better world.
Dr. Tunnicliffe is an author and has been a frequent speaker at universities and international conferences. He is sought out by the media to provide analysis and commentary on a wide range of issues. Dr. Tunnicliffe through his company, Wilberforce Global Strategies, has served or continues to serve as an advisor/strategist/board chair to a number of media and business companies or projects including:
- Christian Media Corporation with its multiple websites including Christian Post, the number one Christian website worldwide and Christian Today.
- YouVersion Bible App (300 million installs on smartphones and tablets)
- Crossroads Communication and Tricord Media
- The Bible and A.D. The Bible Continues TV series (Produced by Mark Burnett and Roma Downey)
- Pure Flix Entertainment
- Ben Hur (MGM Production by Mark Burnett and Roma Downey)
- Amazing Grace(Movie)
- The Narnia Movies
- Northern Lights (Movie in development)
- Little Boy (Movie)
- Caged No More (Movie)
- God’s Not Dead (Movie)
- Global Kingdom Partnership Network (An invitation-only global network of Mega-church pastors and marketplace leaders)
- Unashamedly Ethical an international campaign promoting ethics and values
- Skin Tech (A new technology for the natural and non-medical treatment in removing tattoos.)
- TVEON Inc (A new company with a breakthrough technology in video file compression.)
- Hit Song TV show (in development)
- Questions TV show (in development)
- Dynamo Inc. (An innovative technology company developing unique mobile apps)
- Randy Lennon Media and Visland Media
- The Billion Dollar Boss movie (in development)
- Several new feature and documentary films under development
- Kingstone Bible (The world’s most complete graphic Bible)
- Media Farm (facilitates investment into development, production and distribution of high- quality, culturally relevant and commercially appealing films, television, and other media entertainment.)
While primarily based in Vancouver, Canada Geoff also has offices in New York City and Los Angeles
Geoff was born in 1954 and lives in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
- WEA, WEA International Director Receives Honorary Doctorate Degree, WEA's website, USA, June 21, 2007
- Debra Fieguth, faithtoday.ca, Connecting Worldwide, Canada, January/February 2014
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-03-03. Retrieved 2011-05-27.
- FT, faithtoday.ca, The FT interview, Canada, September/October 2014
- JEREMY WEBER, christianitytoday.com, Head of World Evangelical Alliance Will Step Down for 'Younger Leadership', USA, MARCH 07, 2014
- Brian Stiller, Evangelicals Around the World: A Global Handbook for the 21st Century, Thomas Nelson, USA, 2015, p. 216
- PAULINE J. CHANG, christianpost.com, Interview: Geoff Tunnicliffe, CEO of the World Evangelical Alliance, USA, May 23, 2005