|Born||28 June 1940|
McMahon's Point, Sydney, Australia
|Alma mater||Shore School in North Sydney, University of Sydney|
Geoffrey Lehmann (born 28 June 1940) is an Australian poet, children's writer, and tax lawyer. Lehmann grew up in McMahon's Point, Sydney, and attended the Shore School in North Sydney. He graduated in arts and law from the University of Sydney in 1960 and 1963 respectively. In 1961, he demonstrated in a student newspaper article that fellow student Robert Hughes had published plagiarised poetry by Terence Tiller and others, and a drawing by Leonard Baskin.
Lehmann has worked as a solicitor in his own small law firm, as an academic lawyer at the University of New South Wales, and as a corporate tax lawyer, having retired from PricewaterhouseCoopers. He continues to write as a literary reviewer for The Australian newspaper.
- Murray, Les A.; Lehmann, Geoffrey (1965). The Ilex tree. Canberra: Australian National University.
- Lehmann, Geoffrey (1968). A voyage of lions and other poems. Sydney: Angus and Robertson.
- Comic Australian Verse (1972) Editor
- Conversation with a Rider (1972)
- Selected Poems (1976)
- Ross' Poems (1978)
- Nero's Poems: Translations of the public and private poems of the Emperor Nero (1981)
- Children's Games (1990)
- Spring Forest (1992)
- Collected Poems (1997)
- Baking at Night and Other Poems (2003)
- Poems 1957-2013 (2014)
- A Spring Day in Autumn (1974)
- The Balloon Farmer (1994) with Betty Greenhatch
- Sky Boy (2001) with Caroline Magerl
- Australian Primitive Painters (1974) editor, art
- Lehmann, Geoffrey (January–February 2016). "Music and language, cultural identity and fame". Quadrant. 60 (1–2): 92–98.
- Lehmann, Geoffrey (2018), Leeward : a memoir, NewSouth Books, ISBN 978-1-74223-613-1
- Hermes (1962)
- Comic Australian Verse (1972)
- The Younger Australian Poets (1983) editor with Robert Gray
- The Flight of the Emu (1990)
- Australian Poetry in the Twentieth Century (1991) editor with Robert Gray
- Australian Poetry Since 1788 (2011) editor with Robert Gray
|Date||Review article||Work(s) reviewed|
|2013||Lehmann, Geoffrey (April 2013). "Giving it a go : brilliantly observed and precise poems". Australian Book Review. 350: 24–25.||Wallace-Crabbe, Chris (2013). New and selected poems. Manchester: Carcanet.|
- Coombs A Sex and Anarchy: The life and death of the Sydney Push Viking Penguin Books (Australia, 1996) pp 158-9
- UWAP - Geoffrey Lehmann
- ABC News - Prime Minister's Literary Awards: Author Joan London's takes out prize for best fiction
- UWA News - Geoffrey Lehmann wins Prime Minister’s Award for Poetry
|This biographical article about an Australian poet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|