|Born||George G. Adomeit
January 15, 1879
Memel, East Prussia (modern Klaipėda, Lithuania)
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
George Gustav Adomeit (1879–1967) was a German-born American painter and printmaker, and also co-founder and long-time president of the Caxton Company, a printing company that was bought by the Fetter Printing Company in 1955.
His daughter was the book collector Ruth E. Adomeit.
- Cleveland Museum of Art, Cleveland, Ohio
- Ruth E. Adomeit papers, 1907-1958; Adomeit's daughter donated her papers in 1978 to the Smithsonian Archives of American Art
- Biography on the Cleveland Museum of Art website, taken from Robinson and Steinberg, "Transformations in Cleveland Art" (CMA, 1996), p. 221
- Biography at Art of the Print
- First Snow by George Adomeit at Cleveland Public Library