Born into an ecclesiastical family on 16 February 1861 and educated at Harrow School and Trinity College, Cambridge, he was ordained in 1886. He was successively chaplain of Emmanuel College, Cambridge and then of Trinity College, Cambridge and finally Vicar of Brading before his appointment as dean. He died on 24 September 1924.
- "News in Brief: New Dean of St Albans", The Times, 2 October 1914
- "Obituary: The Dean Of St. Albans", The Times, 25 September 1924
- His father was Canon G. B. Blenkin, sometime Vicar of Boston, Who was Who 1897-1990, London, A & C Black, 1991 ISBN 0-7136-3457-X
- "Blenkin, George Wilfrid (BLNN880GW)". A Cambridge Alumni Database. University of Cambridge.
- The Clergy List, Clerical Guide and Ecclesiastical Directory, London, Hamilton & Co 1889
|Church of England titles|
Walter John Lawrance
|Dean of St Albans
Edward Lowry Henderson