Brant completed his undergraduate studies at Northwestern University and received his Masters in Fine Arts in Writing from the Michener Center for Writers at the University of Texas at Austin. He is a member of the Dramatists Guild of America.
His most successful play to date is Grounded, which played at London's Gate Theatre and went on to be directed by Julie Taymor in an off-Broadway production at The Public Theater. Grounded won the National New Play Network's 2012 Smith Prize and a Fringe First award at the 2013 Edinburgh Fringe Festival.
- Into the Breeches! (2018)
- Dark Room (2018)
- Salvage (2017)
- Marie and Rosetta (2016)
- Good on Paper (2015)
- Grounded (2012). Translated into Spanish as En tierra.
- The Mourners' Bench (2012)
- Three Voyages of the Lobotomobile (2012)
- Grizzly Mama (2011)
- Any Other Name (2009)
- Elephant's Graveyard (2007)
- Napoleon, Davi (2013-09-01). "Darkness Meets Light in George Brant's Plays". AMERICAN THEATRE. Retrieved 2016-09-18.
- "Made in Cleveland: Playwright George Brant joins Anne Hathaway and lauded director Julie Taymor for a high-flying off-Broadway 'Grounded'". Retrieved 2016-09-18.
- "George Brant". Playwrights' Center. Retrieved 2016-09-16.
- Lee, Felicia R. (2014-01-23). "George Brant's Play 'Grounded' Brings Him to New York". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2016-09-16.