|Full name||George Curran|
|Position||Prop, Hooker, Second-row|
|Source: rugbyleagueproject.org englandrl.co.uk|
George Curran was an English professional rugby league footballer of the 1940s, and 1950s, playing at representative level for Great Britain, and England, and at club level for Salford, Dewsbury (guest), Wigan, Huddersfield, and Liverpool City, as a Prop, Hooker, or Second-row, i.e. number 8 or 10, 9, or, 11 or 12, during the era of contested scrums.
George Curran won caps for England while at Salford in 1946 against Wales (2 matches), and France, in 1947 against Wales (2 matches), and France, in 1948 against France (2 matches), and Wales, in 1949 against Wales, and France (2 matches), and won caps for Great Britain while at Salford in 1946 against Australia, and New Zealand, in 1947 against New Zealand, and in 1948–49 against Australia (3 matches).
Championship Final appearances
George Curran played Hooker in Dewsbury's 14-25 aggregate defeat by Wigan in the Championship Final during the 1943–44 season; the 9-13 first-leg defeat at Central Park, Wigan on Saturday 13 May 1944, and the 5-12 second-leg defeat at Crown Flatt, Dewsbury on Saturday 20 May 1944.
Challenge Cup Final appearances
George Curran played Hooker in Wigan's 10-0 victory over Barrow in the 1951 Challenge Cup Final during the 1950–51 season at Wembley Stadium, London on Saturday 5 May 1951, and played Hooker in Huddersfield's 15-10 victory over St. Helens in the 1953 Challenge Cup Final during the 1952–53 season at Wembley Stadium, London on Saturday 25 April 1953, in front of a crowd of 89,588.
County League appearances
Contemporaneous Article Extract
"Toured Australia and New Zealand in 1946 as a Salford player, but returned to join Wigan. Went to Fartown in December, 1951, and has played a large part in the success of the pack."
- "England Statistics at englandrl.co.uk". englandrl. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- "Great Britain Statistics at englandrl.co.uk". englandrl. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- "1943-1944 War Emergency League Championship Final". wigan.rlfans.com. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- "1950-1951 Challenge Cup Final". wigan.rlfans.com. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- McCorquodale, London S.E (25 April 1953). The Rugby League Challenge Cup Competition - Final Tie - Huddersfield v St. Helens - Match Programme. Wembley Stadium Ltd. ISBN n/a
- "Statistics at wigan.rlfans.com". wigan.rlfans.com. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 1 January 2012.