George Hawkins (athlete)
In the 200 metres, Hawkins ran the race in 22.8 seconds to beat two other runners and advance to the semifinals. There, won again, this time finishing in 22.6 seconds. This allowed him to advance to the final, in which he placed last out of the four finalists. His time in the final was 22.9 seconds. The winner's time was 22.6, a time he had achieved in the semifinal.
He was married to Violet Freeman and had five children with her.
- George Hawkins. Sports Reference. Retrieved on 2015-01-22.
- "Olympians Who Were Killed or Missing in Action or Died as a Result of War". Sports Reference. Retrieved 3 August 2015.
- Hawkins, G A, Commonwealth War Graves Commission, Retrieved 28 September 2008
- Cook, Theodore Andrea (1908). The Fourth Olympiad, Being the Official Report. London: British Olympic Association.
- De Wael, Herman (2001). "Athletics 1908". Herman's Full Olympians. Retrieved 24 July 2006.
- Wudarski, Pawel (1999). "Wyniki Igrzysk Olimpijskich" (in Polish). Retrieved 24 July 2006.
|This biographical article relating to English athletics is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|