His writing career began in the 1990s, when he wrote a wine column for Malta Today. He continues to contribute to The Times of Malta and several international wine trade magazines, such as Harpers Magazine, with vintage reports on Malta and other upcoming wine regions. He is also the author of the first reference book on the Maltese wine industry.
Outside Malta, Meekers is perhaps best known for his role as founder of the wine academy specialising in online wine tuition Wine Campus; he is also head of sales at the winery Emmanuel Delicata Winemaker, and is a member of the Circle of Wine Writers (UK).
- Georges Meekers, Wines of Malta – The Essential Guide, 2007
- Georges Meekers, Georges Meekers' Cleanskin - A Vinous Expose, 2011
- Georges Meekers, Wines of Malta, The Definitive Guide to the New Heritage Wines of Malta and Gozo, 2011 |e-book|
- Harpers Vintage Wine And Spirit Directory, 2005,6,7
- Luxury Experience Meets Wine Expert Georges Meekers
- Circle of Wine Writers - Members List
- See: Gourmand World Awards, Year Book 2008