Gertrude Contemporary Art Spaces
The organisation was founded in 1985 and is located at 21-31 High St, Preston South. It also has a satellite exhibition space, Gertrude Glasshouse, at 44 Glasshouse Rd, Collingwood. The gallery was previously located in the suburb of Fitzroy.
Gertrude Contemporary's programs include exhibitions across the two gallery sites, studio residencies for local and international artists and education and public programs. The Gertrude Contemporary Studio Program hosts 16 artists for a period of two years.
The current Co-Directors of Gertrude Contemporary are Mark Feary, Artistic Director, and Christine Tipton, Director, Business and Operations. Previous Directors of the organisation are Alexie Glass-Kantor, Emma Crimmings, Alexie Glass, Louise Neri, Rose Lang, Max Delany and Samantha Comte.
- "The New Gertrude". Broadsheet. 8 August 2017. Retrieved 5 April 2019.
- "The End of Time. The Beginning of Time". Concrete Playground. 1 May 2017. Retrieved 5 April 2019.
- "About". Retrieved 5 April 2019.
- "'You promised me…' Group exhibition at Anna Schwartz Gallery". Vogue Living Australia. NewsLifeMedia. 19 October 2013. Retrieved 10 November 2018.
- Official website
- Gertrude CAS Artabase page
- Timeout - Best free art galleries in Melbourne
- Sydney Morning Herald - Move to new location
|This Melbourne-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to a museum in Australia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to an art display, art museum or gallery is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a building or structure in Victoria (Australia) is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|