Gerty Agoston is a Hungarian-American playwright and novelist.
Agoston; a playwright and novelist; was born in Budapest, Hungary. When she was 6 years old, she wanted to come to the United States after seeing American films. After studying in Paris, she went to New York City with her sister who had married a United States citizen. When she was in Paris, she wrote for the publication New Yorker Staats-Zeitung for 26 years and was a film correspondent for Basler Zeitung. For 3 years, Agoston was the cultural correspondent of Deutsche Presse-Agentur. She later decided to quit her journalism career for writing novels and plays.
Agoston has written 13 novels which have been translated into multiple languages. One of her novels; My Bed Is Not For Sleeping; was banned in Australia. Other novels include I Married a Hundred Husbands and My Husband Is a Magnificent Whore. Her one-act play; For Each Man Kills; was published in the anthology The Best One-Act Plays Of 1948-1949 and her one-act play Three Parsons was published in The Best One-Act Plays Of 1950-1951. She translated German plays into English as well as American plays into German.
- Agoston, Gerty. "Gerty Agoston". Szineszkonyvtar. Retrieved June 5, 2017.
- Furze, Brian (2011). Sociology in Today's World. Cengage Learning. p. 247. ISBN 9780170193030.
- Tillman, Drew (October 24, 2006). "Deeper Than Y". The Village Voice. Retrieved June 5, 2017.
- "The best one-act plays 1948-1949". WorldCat. Retrieved June 5, 2017.
- "The best one-act plays 1950-1951". WorldCat. Retrieved June 5, 2017.
- "Gerty Agoston". Dusseldorf. Retrieved June 5, 2017.