Get Me Some of That
|"Get Me Some of That"|
|Single by Thomas Rhett|
|from the album It Goes Like This|
|Released||November 18, 2013|
|Thomas Rhett singles chronology|
"Get Me Some of That" is a song recorded by American country music singer Thomas Rhett. It was released in November 2013 as the fourth single from his debut album, It Goes Like This. The song was written by Rhett Akins, Michael Carter and Cole Swindell.
The song received a favorable review from Taste of Country, which called it "a clever turn of a popular expression." The review stated that "Rhett makes the sentiment sound sweeter than Georgia tea in this song." Bobby Peacock of Roughstock gave the song three and a half stars out of five, writing that "amid the lines that seem clichéd on the surface are plenty of enjoyable lines […] that lend a playfulness and wit beyond other songs of this sort." Peacock also praised the song's "laid-back" production and Rhett's "laid-back and smooth" delivery. Kevin John Coyne of Country Universe wrote a less favorable review of the song stating, "The mind-numbingly dull lyric has nothing new to offer, with details that sound more like a pitch for an Axe commercial than an actual documentation of a realistic human experience." The song was criticized in Maddie and Tae's "Girl in a Country Song".
"Get Me Some of That" debuted at number 55 on the U.S. Billboard Country Airplay chart for the week of November 30, 2013. It also debuted at number 30 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Songs chart for the week of November 16, 2013. It reached number 94 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 chart for the week of January 25, 2014. The song was certified Gold by the RIAA on April 28, 2014. As of June 2014, the song has sold 747,000 copies in the U.S.
The song also debuted at number 72 on the Canadian Hot 100 chart for the week of November 16, 2013.
Charts and certifications
- Wyland, Sarah (November 20, 2013). "Thomas Rhett's New Single Comes from Dad". Great American Country. Retrieved December 10, 2013.
- Nicholson, Jessica (October 24, 2013). "Thomas Rhett Previews Debut Album in Nashville". MusicRow. Retrieved December 10, 2013.
- "Thomas Rhett, 'Get Me Some of That' [Listen]". Taste of Country. November 13, 2013. Retrieved December 10, 2013.
- Peacock, Bobby (November 22, 2013). "Single Review: Thomas Rhett - Get Me Some Of That". Roughstock. Archived from the original on December 5, 2013. Retrieved December 10, 2013.
- Coyne, Kevin John (11 February 2014). "Single Review: Thomas Rhett, "Get Me Some of That"". countryuniverse.net. Retrieved 11 January 2017.
- Schott, Josh (14 July 2014). "Review – Maddie & Tae's "Girl In A Country Song"". countryperspective.com. Retrieved 11 January 2017.
- "CMT : Videos : Thomas Rhett : Get Me Some of That". Country Music Television. Retrieved December 11, 2013.
- Morris, Edward (November 23, 2013). "Three Cheers for Three-Week Supremacy of the Duck Dynasty Tribe, Blake Shelton". Country Music Television. Retrieved December 10, 2013.
- Bjorke, Matt (June 19, 2014). "Country Chart News: The Top 30 Digital Singles For June 19, 2014". Roughstock. Archived from the original on 2014-07-14.
- "Thomas Rhett Chart History (Canadian Hot 100)". Billboard.
- "Thomas Rhett Chart History (Canada Country)". Billboard.
- "Thomas Rhett Chart History (Hot 100)". Billboard.
- "Thomas Rhett Chart History (Country Airplay)". Billboard.
- "Thomas Rhett Chart History (Hot Country Songs)". Billboard.
- "Best of 2014: Country Airplay". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2014. Retrieved December 9, 2014.
- "Best of 2014: Hot Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2014. Retrieved December 9, 2014.
- "American single certifications – Thomas Rhett – Get Me Some of That". Recording Industry Association of America. Retrieved March 21, 2015. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Single, then click SEARCH.