Her academic qualifications include a H. Dip in Education from Trinity College Dublin, a Bachelors of Divinity from Milltown Institute of Theology and Philosophy and an MSc in Medical Ethics and Law.
She gave a testimony to the Oireachtas Joint Committee On Arts, Sport, Tourism, Community, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs entitled The Role of Women in Sport, Wednesday, 12 November 2003 and was described by Jimmy Deenihan TD as "a great international squash player". She had served as chairperson of the Irish Government Taskforce on Women in Sport.
- "RTÉ Radio - Today With Pat Kenny". RTE. 2010-01-14. Retrieved 2010-01-14.
- "RTÉ Radio - Spirit Moves Program 19 - 23rd March 2008". RTE. 2008-03-23. Retrieved 2010-01-18.
- "RTÉ Radio - The Sunday Forum - 25th October 2009". RTE. 2009-10-25. Retrieved 2010-01-18.
- "RTÉ TV - Gina Menzies discusses the role of the Pope in the 21st century - Prime Time 16th October 2003". RTE. 2003-10-16. Retrieved 2010-01-21.[dead link]
- "RTÉ TV - Gina Menzies speaks about the decline of the Catholic church in Ireland in recent years - Prime Time 23rd September 2004". RTE. 2004-09-23. Retrieved 2010-01-21.[dead link]
- "RTÉ Radio - Gina Menzies discusses Humanae Vitae - This Week 1st June 2008". RTE. 2008-06-01. Retrieved 2010-01-21.[dead link]
- "RTÉ Radio - Gina Menzies discusses Catholic Guilt - Tubridy Show 6th March 2009". RTE. 2009-03-06. Retrieved 2010-01-22.
- Short Bio from Coaching Ireland, University of Limerick, University of Limerick, 2010-01-18, retrieved 2010-01-18
- "Papacy at a crossroads". The Sunday Business Post. 2005-04-10. Retrieved 2010-01-18.
- "A woman of great influence". The Sunday Business Post. 2001-12-23. Retrieved 2010-01-21.
- "Forced to follow in the role of Mary". The Irish Times. 2005. Retrieved 2010-01-18.
- Menzies, Gina (2006-01-28). "Encyclical displays rare awareness of nature of love". The Irish Times. Retrieved 2010-01-18.
- Role of Women in Sport - Presentation, Oireachtas, 2003, retrieved 2010-01-21
- Fifth Report Women in Sport (PDF), Oireachtas, July 2004, retrieved 2010-01-21