After the Nazi invasion of France he became a member of the French Resistance. The multilingual teenager fought as a member of the American army after the Allies finally landed in France in 1944. The end of the war permitted him to return to acting and professional music.
He died in 2008, having been decorated as a Resistance member, soldier, and actor by the Soviet Union, the Russian Federation, the United States, and France; his recognition included the Croix de Guerre, the French decoration awarded for military heroism.
- The Adjutant of His Excellency (1969) as French general
- The Red Tent (1969) as reporter
- The Crown of the Russian Empire, or Once Again the Elusive Avengers (1971) as restaurant visitor
- Monologue (1972) as foreign attendant at a congress
- Charodei (1982) as member of the academic council
- Mother (1990) as judge
- The Russian Singer (1993) as general Pannyukov
- "President Vladimir Putin met with Russian veterans of the allied operations in Normandy, Oleg Ozerov and Gleb Plaksin". kremlin.ru. 2004-06-06. Retrieved 2014-07-19.
- "Gleb Vasilyevich Plaksin". Event Files. President of Russia. June 2004. Retrieved 24 July 2009.
- Yevgeny Grigoryev & Maxim Glikin. "Путин принял участие в высадке" (Putin Took Part in the Landing). Novaya Gazeta. 7 June 2004. Retrieved 24 July 2009. (Russian)