||possibly from Welsh glân = "pure, clean" + da = "good"
||Glenn (sometimes feminized to Glenna; associated by sound)
Glenda (from Welsh glân, meaning 'pure, clean, holy', and da, meaning 'good') is a feminine given name. Notable people with the name include:
- Glenda Adams (born 1939), Australian author
- Glenda Collins (born 1943), English pop singer
- Glenda Farrell (1904–1971), American actress
- Glenda Gilmore (born 1949), American historian of the Southern United States
- Glenda Goertzen (born 1967), Canadian author
- Glenda Hatchett (born 1951), American television jurist known as "Judge Hatchett"
- Glenda Hood (born 1950), American politician
- Glenda Jackson (born 1936), English actress and politician
- Glenda Linscott (born 1958), Australian actress
- Glenda Slagg, fictional columnist in Private Eye
- Glenda Warkentin (21st century), Canadian actress