GlobalData Plc is a data analytics and consulting company that was established in 1999, and has been listed on the London Stock Exchange since 2000. It was previously called Progressive Digital Media and before that, the TMN Group. Its corporate headquarters is in London, and it also has offices across the UK, US, Argentina, South Korea, Mexico, China, Japan, India and Australia. The group is chaired by Bernard Cragg, former finance director of Carlton TV, and the company founder, Mike Danson, is CEO. Danson was also one of the founders of Datamonitor.
Progressive media acquired Current Analysis Inc in 2014.
PDM was founded in 2007 as a holding company for a set of media assets purchased from Wilmington plc (LSE: WIL); it expanded further by a series of acquisitions, purchasing Business Review from Datamonitor PLC in July 2008, followed in November 2008 by acquiring the entire share capital of SPG Media Group PLC (LSE: SPM).
In 2009, the listed marketing services business TMN, which was chaired by former Datamonitor non-executive director Peter Harkness, was acquired via a reverse takeover by Progressive Digital Media Ltd, and changed its name to Progressive Digital Media Group Ltd. Harkness stayed on the Board as a non-executive and remains so today.
In January 2016 PDM bought the GlobalData Holding Ltd business and changed its own name to GlobalData PLC.
GlobalData's mission is to ensure socio-economic development of the community through different participatory and need-based initiatives in the best interests of the poor and deprived sections of the society so as to help them to become SELF-RELIANT and build a better tomorrow for themselves.
GlobalData has been doing very active CSR work in India through its Hyderabad office, which resulted in both positive impact in the society and fulfilling experience for employees. Following are significant initiatives the organization has taken up.
- Annual Blood Donation Drive
- Annual Plantation Drive
- Make-a-Wish Initiative (Orphans wishes are fulfilled by the employee community)
- Supporting government schools and children
- "Meet the Board - GlobalData Plc". Retrieved 27 October 2018.
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2010-10-11. Retrieved 2012-05-29.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "FE Investegate |Progressive Capital Announcements | Progressive Capital: Offer for SPG Media Group Plc". Investegate.co.uk. Retrieved 2012-05-30.
- "Danson Set For Digital Marketer TMN Group Reverse Takeover — paidContent". Paidcontent.org. 2009-06-08. Archived from the original on 2013-01-13. Retrieved 2012-05-30.
- "Progressive Digital Media to buy GlobalData, change name". Morningstar. 23 December 2015. Retrieved 5 October 2016.
- "GDRC CSR Policy". GD Research Center. GlobalData Plc. Retrieved 27 October 2018.